Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Old Tracfone activation kits: are they still valid?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    Me too. I can't believe how lost people are. One lady asked me to look at her phone cause she didn't know if
    was an Apple or Android phone.
    Imagine how much more lost people would be, if Apple phones didn't have the logo of a half-bitten apple on the back!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    Me too. I can't believe how lost people are. One lady asked me to look at her phone cause she didn't know if
    was an Apple or Android phone.
    for some reason, I'm surprised she honestly doesn't know the difference between Apple and Android. I guess this is her first time buying a smartphone...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A52, Moto e4, old Nokia bar phone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & Tracfone/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I have a few Tracfone triple SIM BYOD activation kits.

Are they still usable?
    Not sure if this helps: I just bought a Tracfone BYOP triple SIM kit from Target. Each of the 3 plastic carriers inside says "Activate by: 01/15/2024". The outer package did not say that, but I just now noticed the little cryptic and tiny "011524" (without any other text) printed below the UPC on the outer package.

Do your kits have a similar number somewhere?

That was a 4G "Keep Your Own Smartphone" kit from Target. They did not have any 5G kits in stock when I was there (OK, since my phone isn't 5G capable).

As an aside, I first bought a 5G BYOP kit ("4G LTE and 5G compatible") at Kroger, and learned after I opened it that the SIM was only for Verizon. None of the verbiage on the outside of the package indicated that. On the label on the back, below the "Serial Number" (which turns out to be the SIM number), there is a SKU "TFRTZPBYOPVZNA-TRI1". I'm guessing the VZ means Verizon. But I didn't know that before I bought it.

Later, I found that apparently the colors of the little USA silhouettes indicate the carrier(s).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NavStar View Post
    Not sure if this helps: I just bought a Tracfone BYOP triple SIM kit from Target. Each of the 3 plastic carriers inside says "Activate by: 01/15/2024". The outer package did not say that, but I just now noticed the little cryptic and tiny "011524" (without any other text) printed below the UPC on the outer package.

That was a 4G "Keep Your Own Smartphone" kit from Target. They did not have any 5G kits in stock when I was there (OK, since my phone isn't 5G capable).

As an aside, I first bought a 5G BYOP kit ("4G LTE and 5G compatible") at Kroger, and learned after I opened it that the SIM was only for Verizon. None of the verbiage on the outside of the package indicated that. On the label on the back, below the "Serial Number" (which turns out to be the SIM number), there is a SKU "TFRTZPBYOPVZNA-TRI1". I'm guessing the VZ means Verizon. But I didn't know that before I bought it.

Later, I found that apparently the colors of the little USA silhouettes indicate the carrier(s).
    The old BYO SIM kits did not have a written expiration date. They only included Verizon and AT&T.

I have a bunch of the old ones. I could try activating one to test them if I could do it without paying anything.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Historically, only T-Mobile network SIM cards had expiration dates. I've never read about a TF Vzw or TF AT&T SIM card refusing to activate because it was expired. But things change, so only time will tell...

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NavStar View Post

I just looked at about 10 TF BYOP SIM Kits that I have. The little number below the bar code ranges from 103022 to 013123 to 011524. These are 3-carrier kits, and only the T-mo SIMs have the "Activate By Date" printed on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2