Thread: Activating a Blackberry Classic 2022

Device(s)
    Note 20 Ultra 5G, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Activating a Blackberry Classic 2022

Does anyone have advice on an inexpensive (prepaid or cheap monthly) service that will activate a Verizon Blackberry Classic? These are world phone unlocked 4g, CDMA and GSM but lack VoLTE the best I can tell. I actually managed to trick Tracfone into doing it about 2 years ago on T-Mobile. At that time they didn't want to activate either but GSM voice service was still common and i activated a junk LG phone and just swapped the sim. Now all of the companies require VoLTE and even that old LG won't work... I might be okay with just text and data but would prefer it work fully. Anybody got a tip? ;-)

Sent from my SM-N986U using HoFo mobile app
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1

Device(s)
    Unihertz Titan on T-Mobile, Unihertz TickTock on Verizon Wireless, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Does anyone have advice on an inexpensive (prepaid or cheap monthly) service that will activate a Verizon Blackberry Classic? These are world phone unlocked 4g, CDMA and GSM but lack VoLTE the best I can tell. I actually managed to trick Tracfone into doing it about 2 years ago on T-Mobile. At that time they didn't want to activate either but GSM voice service was still common and i activated a junk LG phone and just swapped the sim. Now all of the companies require VoLTE and even that old LG won't work... I might be okay with just text and data but would prefer it work fully. Anybody got a tip? ;-)

Only tip I have is that it's time to upgrade to a phone that's compatible with the modern networks! To stay as close to the BlackBerry Classic as possible, I recommend the Unihertz Titan Pocket!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When it comes to phone activation with US carriers, if the phone lacks LTE or VOLTE, there is no way to do so any longer. The carriers stopped activating those devices, even with an insurance claim back in 2018. That ship sailed long ago.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Only tip I have is that it's time to upgrade to a phone that's compatible with the modern networks! To stay as close to the BlackBerry Classic as possible, I recommend the Unihertz Titan Pocket!
    That's certainly fair enough to say, but the keyboard on this old classic is still fantastic and I miss it. I was looking at the Titan Pocket also but I read somewhere that the networks don't want to work with them either - AT&T refusing or kicking it off or something like that? I believe it's missing a bunch of the bands or something - have you heard of any issues getting one activated on a new line? Or do I have to get one of their almost free Motorolas and swap the sim into it?

Kidd

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    When it comes to phone activation with US carriers, if the phone lacks LTE or VOLTE, there is no way to do so any longer. The carriers stopped activating those devices, even with an insurance claim back in 2018. That ship sailed long ago.
    The classic does have 4G LTE, but it doesn't have VoLTE. (( Sad Trombone ))

Kidd

Device(s)
    Unihertz Titan on T-Mobile, Unihertz TickTock on Verizon Wireless, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    That's certainly fair enough to say, but the keyboard on this old classic is still fantastic and I miss it. I was looking at the Titan Pocket also but I read somewhere that the networks don't want to work with them either - AT&T refusing or kicking it off or something like that? I believe it's missing a bunch of the bands or something - have you heard of any issues getting one activated on a new line? Or do I have to get one of their almost free Motorolas and swap the sim into it?

Kidd

Okay, so, the deal is that AT&T has decided to be a bunch of Draconian jerks about the whole Bring Your Own Phone thing. They're now banning ALL phones that aren't on their "Whitelist" of approved phones, which is basically your AT&T branded phones.

There IS a way to do an end run around AT&T Wireless and get the phone to work on their network, a way that's supported by Unihertz themselves, but I won't discuss it openly on the forums. PM me and I'll be happy to give you more info.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Jack, thank you for not posting the process in this forum. You are correct to have members PM you for additional information.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Okay, so, the deal is that AT&T has decided to be a bunch of Draconian jerks about the whole Bring Your Own Phone thing. They're now banning ALL phones that aren't on their "Whitelist" of approved phones, which is basically your AT&T branded phones.

There IS a way to do an end run around AT&T Wireless and get the phone to work on their network, a way that's supported by Unihertz themselves, but I won't discuss it openly on the forums. PM me and I'll be happy to give you more info.
    Understood, sir. I will keep that in mind and check with you privately if the occasion arises!

--Kidd