Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: $25 unlimited data promo

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Boost calls T-Mobile's network the Boost Expanded Network or BEN for short. They call AT&T the Boost Transformed Network, BTN for short.

I'm not sure which network the $25 unlimited plan is on. Hofo user RobbyRobby, who I think might work for a Boost dealer, says AT&T, Boost CS rep on Slickdeals says Boost Expanded Network, aka T-Mobile. Maybe it's TMobile if you get it using the SD link and AT&T if you activate at a dealer.
    I activated it for my sister in Chicago on an iPhone 12 Pro, and it was assigned to AT&T.

I was actually hoping for T-Mobile as that works better inside her condo, but for $25/mo she's happy.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Airvoice, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Took 5 Phone Calls and a Car Ride to Order the $25 Plan

The online sign up page didn't work for me. I tried combinations of 3 different emails and 5 different zipcodes spanning the U.S. All sign up attempts gave me the message: Please enter a valid email. Initially I thought the offer had expired in late August so getting the error message was their "easy way" to turn off the offer then be able to turn it back on at a later date. Or maybe Boost was oversold on capacity. After I saw recent postings in Slickdeals showing new accounts were being opened, I called a nearby retail store to see if Boost was simply steering business to the storefronts so they could get some revenue. The retail store said they had dropped the Boost products -- so now I learned the Boost Store Locator app was out-of-date.

I then called a Boost Exclusive store in San Jose, CA and they said it was a online-only offer and to call Customer Care to place the order. After 15 minutes with Customer Care, they said they couldn't resolve the issue and I should go to a store and have them check things out. Yeah, sure. So I called San Jose again to see if their story would change after Customer Care bounced me back to them. No dice. I called the next nearest Boost Exclusive store in Redwood City, CA. They said to come to the store and they could help me.

After showing the Redwood City store I couldn't get the offer online, they said they could activate the $25 plan for me. And it'll cost $10 for a sim card. So for a total of $35 I got a sim card that I can activate.

What should have taken maybe 10 minutes online, at most, took me more like 2 hours.

Feedback Score
    The $25/month plan is being advertised in local stores here through some date in October, and both local stores I talked to said it includes hotspot. I sure have been reading conflicting information about hotspot with this plan, but both stores said it's included.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by myun View Post
    The $25/month plan is being advertised in local stores here through some date in October, and both local stores I talked to said it includes hotspot. I sure have been reading conflicting information about hotspot with this plan, but both stores said it's included.
    I can use it on my iPhone (after seeing it on my sister's phone working, i tried it)

If this hotspot keeps working, this is a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the confirmation about iPhone. It does sound like a great deal.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I did manage to sign up for this with esim on an iphone 13. Yeah, it’s running on AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    I was curious to what happened once you crossed 30GB, and it's definately throttled. I went from ~1000Mbps on mmWave to ~500kbps on mmWave, if anyone is curious.

This is just my backup SIM for if i'm in a situation T-Mobile is not working, so it's not a big deal to me.. but woof that was a very noticable drop that happened nearly instantly.

I'm not complaining, but it was more out of curiousity.. since I can generally do the AT&T Unlimited Max prepaid plan for ~$42 using target cards, i'm debating if it's worth the $16/mo savings for my backup SIM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4