Thread: 8800L Jetpack issues with Surecall fusion 4 AMp.

Feedback Score

8800L Jetpack issues with Surecall fusion 4 AMp.

I have a Verizon 8800L Jetpack and use a surecall fusion 4 amplifier.

Over the past month or so I have been having reception issues. On the surecall Amp there are lights to show the status of the bands in use. I have determined that the "LTE-V" band is the one my jetpack uses for the best reception.

When the light is solid yellow it means the band is shut down and not in use. This has been happening regularly and my speeds drop under 1mbps. Other times the band is active and I'm seeing speeds of 18 mbps+

This doesn't seem to be a congestion issue because when the band is working I can get great speeds during the normal congestion times (weekends and evenings)

Many times I can restart the Jetpack and restart the Amp and it will become active again. Sometimes it will be great for an hour or so and then shut down the band I need.

I am trying to determine if possibly the Jetpack is bad or maybe the AMP. I am leaning towards a bad jetpack because the amp is just doing what its supposed to do (shut down the band if not in use),

Sorry for my non-technical explanation. Anyone have these symptoms with an 8800L Jetpack?

Feedback Score
    Have you tried it without the Amp ? I'm not familiar with the Amp, nor what "true band" it is when it shows LTE-V. The 8800 has multiple Verizon bands. Which is best depends on your location.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Have you tried it without the Amp ? I'm not familiar with the Amp, nor what "true band" it is when it shows LTE-V. The 8800 has multiple Verizon bands. Which is best depends on your location.
    I've tried it without the amp and I get roughly the same speeds when the LTE-V band is shut down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
    I have a Verizon 8800L Jetpack and use a surecall fusion 4 amplifier.

Over the past month or so I have been having reception issues. On the surecall Amp there are lights to show the status of the bands in use. I have determined that the "LTE-V" band is the one my jetpack uses for the best reception.

When the light is solid yellow it means the band is shut down and not in use. This has been happening regularly and my speeds drop under 1mbps. Other times the band is active and I'm seeing speeds of 18 mbps+

This doesn't seem to be a congestion issue because when the band is working I can get great speeds during the normal congestion times (weekends and evenings)

Many times I can restart the Jetpack and restart the Amp and it will become active again. Sometimes it will be great for an hour or so and then shut down the band I need.

I am trying to determine if possibly the Jetpack is bad or maybe the AMP. I am leaning towards a bad jetpack because the amp is just doing what its supposed to do (shut down the band if not in use),

Sorry for my non-technical explanation. Anyone have these symptoms with an 8800L Jetpack?
    have you tried adjusting the broadcast settings ?? - https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220954/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    have you tried adjusting the broadcast settings ?? -
    Thanks for the link! I will try that when I get some free time.