Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AT&T ramps up 5G Mid-band buildout

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekfranz View Post
    OK I saw that being added to a tower in Lancaster, PA at Route 22 & Route 30. The Tower crew was hard of work but I did not get a picture.

I will will have to see if C-Band and DoD pops up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So today was the first time I saw the 5G+ icon at this location. My phone displayed only while on the on-ramp from route 30 East to 222 North. The speeds were great but only for that tiny segment so it makes think it is still being tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    They have just starting adding C-Band in Lehigh valley spotted first site on a high hill yesterday

Sent from my Pixel 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Blown away by N77 in Orlando and Disney world. **** was dire in march and may. 400+ everywhere now.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

AT&T ramps up 5G Mid-band buildout

Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Blown away by N77 in Orlando and Disney world. **** was dire in march and may. 400+ everywhere now.
    I was actually down there in May. Flew into Orlando international, but wasn’t staying in Orlando. I got about 300 when I was down there in May still wasn’t all that bad, but there wasn’t a whole lot of N77 around at the time.
    HowardForums Veteran Circa 2004

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    I was actually down there in May. Flew into Orlando international, but wasn’t staying in Orlando. I got about 300 when I was down there in May still wasn’t all that bad, but there wasn’t a whole lot of N77 around at the time.
    Yeah I only caught N77 around sea world in march or may (can’t remember which trip).

I still had some slow speeds around Disney in may. Nothing awful but it’s a real big difference for six months.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Yeah I only caught N77 around sea world in march or may (can’t remember which trip).

I still had some slow speeds around Disney in may. Nothing awful but it’s a real big difference for six months.
    Is the whole park blanketed with N77?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Is the whole park blanketed with N77?
    I haven’t been to any parks yet. However the resort overall seems to be blanketed yes. Dropped to regular 5G at Disney springs for a hot second. 5G+ at all monorail hotels and on the roadways to and from Disney springs.

Otherwise even deep inside hotels I’ve stayed on n77. I’m impressed. Slowest speed I got was 140 and that’s inside my hotel room. Faster than the Wi-Fi still.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No n77 in magic kingdom . Speed was solid though even during parades and fireworks. Dropped to lte at one point and was 30/6 during the fireworks.

As soon as I left the park and got to the dock for the boat, back on n77 and 300+.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Had some n77 in AK and Epcot. But not much.

Today at Disney springs I’m getting about .4mbps on lte and 5G. All the “+” vanished today apparently

Always inconsistent!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I see 5G+ is now the on the coverage maps for Denver. I'm assuming its DOD and not C Band.

Feedback Score
    How does 5G C-Band do in NYC on the latest Ipad Pro which has the new bands for AT&T. Verizon reliability is tanking and I am considering an AT&T Unlimited Elite plan with my tablet and phone. I have a dataconnect pass plan for my current tablet which obviously won’t have the 5G C-Band.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jfr3021 View Post
    I see 5G+ is now the on the coverage maps for Denver. I'm assuming its DOD and not C Band.
    Well yeah, since Verizon is occupying the whole 100 MHz of the A Block in the Denver market and the B & C blocks aren’t cleared anywhere yet.

Device(s)
    S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jfr3021 View Post
    I saw that as well. Good to see AT&T deploying dual n77 in preparation for having 3.7Ghz turned on later but not losing the opportunity to gain capacity with 3.45Ghz until then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zspa710 View Post
    I saw that as well. Good to see AT&T deploying dual n77 in preparation for having 3.7Ghz turned on later but not losing the opportunity to gain capacity with 3.45Ghz until then.
    Will the SpaceMobile satellite that AT&T will be using be on the mid bands? It will utilize existing AT&T bands and I wonder if it is a 5G+ signal as well. Essentially instead of a land based tower, the spectrum comes from above. So I am assuming all bands could be available as if it was another tower in space and different bands will propagate. The fundamentals of physics will still increase latency however on this network.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Will the SpaceMobile satellite that AT&T will be using be on the mid bands? It will utilize existing AT&T bands and I wonder if it is a 5G+ signal as well. Essentially instead of a land based tower, the spectrum comes from above. So I am assuming all bands could be available as if it was another tower in space and different bands will propagate. The fundamentals of physics will still increase latency however on this network.
    Either way, slow service is better than no service.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast