Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finding account number through TracFone.com

Feedback Score

Finding account number through TracFone.com

This thread was brought up today on Reddit to find your account number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TracFone/co..._account_page/

Investigating developer tools found me that my own network is blocked from TracFone.com, but my phone (which is on Tello, lol) is not, so I used developer tools on Tello to follow the bread crumbs. If this is correct, then my account number has changed and is not consistent.

First account is BYOP ATT SIM that has migrated from BYOP VZW SIM which in turn migrated from various actual TracFone's over the years. I expected the account would not change but it's the last 15 of the latest BYOP ATT SIM now.

Second account is BYOP ATT SIM that has never changed. It is the last 15 of the BYOP ATT SIM.

Third account is BYOP TMO SIM that has never changed. This is the IMEI of the TMobile device! This was back when you didn't have to give an IMEI to activate on non-VZW networks.

Anyway, this may or may not be accurate and my account number has never changed and matches conventional knowledge that's its the original TracFone IMEI for branded phones, or last 15 of BYOP SIM, but thought I'd share. Since TracFone is really, really starting to piss me off I'm preparing for a day when I have to port these guys out.

Feedback Score
    Just tried it. I have a line that started with a BYOD T-Mobile SIM (I may have provided an iPhone SE IMEI to cs) on Google 5a 5G. Recently I moved it to an inactive Samsung Galaxy A51 with the original Verizon SIM. I got no response whenever I text FOUR to 611611. I saw the A51 IMEI with this method.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    I can also confirm your findings about BYOP ATT SIM. For all others, the account number is the IMEI of the original device. This, however, is not set in stone. If you have done a SIM swap, the account number could have changed. Now my default approach whenever I want to port out a number is to call the portability dept, 888-808-8010, to confirm the correct account number. For security reasons they cannot give the account number, you have to tell the number and then they would confirm if it is right or wrong!

Going forward, I will use the developer tools method to get the account number and confirm it with the portability dept.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for both your feedback. As power users please feel free to report back if this is dependable (ie the account number from this 'snooping' on website traffic). Especially if migrating to a TracFone VZW device updates the account number to that VZW device.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. This solved a mystery for me.

I have two TF BYOP ATT sims. One of the FOUR results represents a sim. The other FOUR was a mystery.

I was able to see the "identifier" appeared to be an IMEI, so I ran it through an IMEI checker website. It is a phone I sent back to Motorola a long time ago and I had already deleted the IMEI from my notes.

The FOUR did not update with a new phone. I don't even know why it would have targeted that IMEI in the first place.

No TF-branded handsets in ages. Both phone numbers and sims have been TF ATT for ages.

Feedback Score
    Adding my own data point as I found an almost expired BYOP VZW SIM and used the method above to look up the 'identifier' (which is believed to be the account number for port out). It was the IMEI of the last device I had put the SIM in, which I had used when I activate the BYOP VZW SIM (migrating from originally being ATT BYOP due to the free month offer).

Gonna see if there's any good port in deals on other carriers and verify my account/identifier through the number ChristInMe Provided (888-808-8010). I see an option to request Number Transfer Pin on tracfone.com. I assume that just texts the phone, so I have to put this SIM into a device. I wonder if zip code or anything else matters on TracFone port outs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Adding my own data point as I found an almost expired BYOP VZW SIM and used the method above to look up the 'identifier' (which is believed to be the account number for port out). It was the IMEI of the last device I had put the SIM in, which I had used when I activate the BYOP VZW SIM (migrating from originally being ATT BYOP due to the free month offer).
    I thought the account for BYOP's is the last 15 of the sim#. And IMEI for branded phones. ????????

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I thought the account for BYOP's is the last 15 of the sim#. And IMEI for branded phones. ????????
    Not always. My account number for a BYOP TF/VERIZON SIM in an unlocked Pixel 4a is the 4a's IMEI.

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    But then your *account* number would change if you replace with a new phone. Yes/no?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasHam View Post
    But then your *account* number would change if you replace with a new phone. Yes/no?
    Yes seems to be the answer. Furthermore, if you have multiple phones in one "account" (login ID), each phone has its own "account number" for porting out.

Feedback Score
    Yes my account number has changed it seems. That's the main reason I bumped my own thread... Normally we thought last 15 of sim is used for BYOP but that is not the case always (it picked up the IMEI in both Verizon and T-Mobile flavors for me but not ATT)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When I ported in a new # and changed my SIM on an AT&T BYOP line, the porting department told me my account number is my original SIM #. I thought that was strange but he specifically told me my account number is the old SIM. The website confirmed that. Nice find.

Have we confirmed that the port out zip code is what's listed under 'Manage Lines' on the website? Some of mine are my zip code and some are TracFone's in Miami FL. I really only have one number there that I'd like to port out eventually. Snagged one from another carrier that ends in all the same digit.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Galaxy Z Flip4
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: Franklin T10 LTE hotspot (5GB for $8.50)

Feedback Score
    I read on other threads the Zip code does matter and it's what is on the line page. If I don't see a better deal may trade in an old phone with port in deal to visible and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Have we confirmed that the port out zip code is what's listed under 'Manage Lines' on the website?
    When I tried to port out a number a couple of weeks ago, the port-in carrier told me that I didn't have the right zip code. So I went to Chat and was told by CSR that the zip code was in "Manage Lines->Device". It worked.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I read on other threads the Zip code does matter and it's what is on the line page. If I don't see a better deal may trade in an old phone with port in deal to visible and see what happens.
    When I tried to port a # to Visible from TracFone, the port failed because of the zip code. Interesting huh? First it was the PIN, then it was the account number, then it was the zip code. I confirmed everything with the porting dept and they said they approved the port but it never worked. I've ported into Visible before from other carriers so I know the problem was on TracFone's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    When I tried to port out a number a couple of weeks ago, the port-in carrier told me that I didn't have the right zip code. So I went to Chat and was told by CSR that the zip code was in "Manage Lines->Device". It worked.
    Thank you! I haven't successfully ported out a # in years, I tried last year but something was screwy on TracFone's end so I gave up since I didn't care about the #. I was curious though since there are different zip codes in the manage lines section.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast