Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest Port-Out Info?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by papoo View Post
    So I still don't think we know for sure what is needed do we?
    Back to square one but I believe @mframe said his port worked with the phone number.

Is your phone a BYOP or TF branded ?
    Did you do the port ?

Feedback Score
    I think it was net10 phone, don't remember for sure. I haven't ported yet. Just trying to find out what info I will need.

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I may have mislead us on the account number portion. Let me relate the whole saga.

When I submitted the original port request with Visible, I wanted to use my IMEI, so I checked by texting FOUR to 611611. It came back with a number that did not match my SIM card number, IMEI, or the IMEI of any previous phones I might have used that SIM in. Texting NTP came back with an error message.

I decided to use my actual IMEI anyway, and the last four numbers of my phone number, for the PIN (as I read that PIN info online).

A few days later, Visible sent me an email saying my PIN was incorrect. That was when I called PagePlus to ask about porting info.

When the rep asked for me to verify my security code, I gave the number I usually use, but she said it was wrong. I read that if one had not been set up, the default was 1234. I tried that, and she said it was correct. That was when she told me the account number was the phone number and the PIN was the security code.

So.... I went back to Visible's website where they had a box to enter the corrected PIN number, although there was not a box for a corrected account number. I just entered the new PIN number and submitted it. A short time later, the port completed successfully.

The takeaway of all this is that evidently Visible (and PP) were satisfied with my real IMEI as my account number, despite the PP rep's bad info. As stated, the PIN is your PP security PIN (try default if one had not been set up).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I may have mislead us on the account number portion. Let me relate the whole saga.

When I submitted the original port request with Visible, I wanted to use my IMEI, so I checked by texting FOUR to 611611. It came back with a number that did not match my SIM card number, IMEI, or the IMEI of any previous phones I might have used that SIM in. Texting NTP came back with an error message.

I decided to use my actual IMEI anyway, and the last four numbers of my phone number, for the PIN (as I read that PIN info online).

A few days later, Visible sent me an email saying my PIN was incorrect. That was when I called PagePlus to ask about porting info.

When the rep asked for me to verify my security code, I gave the number I usually use, but she said it was wrong. I read that if one had not been set up, the default was 1234. I tried that, and she said it was correct. That was when she told me the account number was the phone number and the PIN was the security code.

So.... I went back to Visible's website where they had a box to enter the corrected PIN number, although there was not a box for a corrected account number. I just entered the new PIN number and submitted it. A short time later, the port completed successfully.

The takeaway of all this is that evidently Visible (and PP) were satisfied with my real IMEI as my account number, despite the PP rep's bad info. As stated, the PIN is your PP security PIN (try default if one had not been set up).
    Thanks. From what I gathered from the TF forum, the account number for a branded phone is the imei, and the account number for a BYOP is the last 10 digits of the sim#.
    But in your case I think you said it was a BYOP.
    The imei fits for @papoo since they said their phone was branded (Net10).

So it's not the phone number but still unclear about a byop being the sim# vs a TF family brand the imei.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2