Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confiscation of paygo balance by Page Plus computer

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    This topic has not been discussed for a while, but it seems likely that the phone is an Advanced Calling 1.0 phone. VoLTE could only be activated on Verizon Postpaid or Prepaid, most likely at a store where they had to use a special SIM card (current SIM cards can't be used). I posted about this years ago when trying to activate a Verizon LG G2.

All current phones (and SIMs) are now, of course, Advanced Calling 2.0, and no MVNO would be able to activate Advanced Calling 1.0 phones.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    This topic has not been discussed for a while, but it seems likely that the phone is an Advanced Calling 1.0 phone. VoLTE could only be activated on Verizon Postpaid or Prepaid, most likely at a store where they had to use a special SIM card (current SIM cards can't be used). I posted about this years ago when trying to activate a Verizon LG G2.

All current phones (and SIMs) are now, of course, Advanced Calling 2.0, and no MVNO would be able to activate Advanced Calling 1.0 phones.
    This was something that I was thinking too.

I have seen a number of Advanced Calling 1.0 phones have issues unless they was activated differently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A bit more info from the OP in THIS POST . Sounds like PP doesn't like SIM swapping and suspended the line by removing the balance.
    I just got finished checking again in case it's changed with the Verizon acquisition. Like I mentioned in that thread, sim swapping has always been PP's recommended method when getting a new "compatible" phone. Auto update of the imei/sim pairing when you use the new phone. Just like Verizon itself does. In the other thread the OP said he got the message about putting the sim back in the original phone. Maybe that was telling him the new phone wasn't compatible.

CHAT SESSION:
    You: Is it still OK with Page Plus to just swap sims when getting a new compatible phone ?
    Jefferson: Yes, it is still valid.
    Jefferson: The IMEI will be updated automatically in our system after you make the first call with the new phone.
    You: And your system will update the imei/sim pairing when the phone is used and all will be ok?
    Jefferson: Yes.
    You: ok..thanks. Is there a limit to how often I can do that ?
    Jefferson: You are welcome. There is no specific limit but the network can suspend the service if it is an excessive amount of phone swaps.
    You: Thank you Jefferson

I forgot about what mframe mentioned about the early Advanced Calling 1.0 vs 2.0. Likely another possible factor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    A replacement Vzw MVNO plan option for the OP might be to port their # to Tracfone with a 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year plan for $49.99. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...a/283493024108 Sometimes there's a 20% coupon code available for an additional discount. Maybe if someone knows if one is currently available, they can post it here...
    If OP wants a low-cost Tracfone solution, $30 will get them HSN's 1-year 1200t/t/mb flip phone bundle (https://www.hsn.com/products/nokia-2...and-w/20458236) using the $20-off HSN2022 coupon code.

And wait, there's more, like they say in the infomercials -- sign up for Tracfone's excellent rewards program with my referral code, and get $80 in rewards points! PM me for my referral code, and get the eternal gratitude of this starving student!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A bit more info from the OP in THIS POST . Sounds like PP doesn't like SIM swapping and suspended the line by removing the balance.
    To satisfy your curiosity:
    Yes I was changing SIM cards between devices, 3 time in 3 weeks and probably a dozen more times over the last 10 years. Before, always just worked, If this is against "the rules" , it is the first time I have heard of it. Never had any issues before. In this instance I told CS exactly what I had done. She made no comment. Moreover, I asked her repeatedly why my balanced had been confiscated and she said "There is no way to find out, it was done by computer."

OK, here's one for you:
    Is confiscation appropriate, within the terms of service ? Why am I not told this by Page Plus instead of by a forum?

;

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rleyden310 View Post
    To satisfy your curiosity:
    Yes I was changing SIM cards between devices, 3 time in 3 weeks and probably a dozen more times over the last 10 years. Before, always just worked, If this is against "the rules" , it is the first time I have heard of it. Never had any issues before. In this instance I told CS exactly what I had done. She made no comment. Moreover, I asked her repeatedly why my balanced had been confiscated and she said "There is no way to find out, it was done by computer."

OK, here's one for you:
    Is confiscation appropriate, within the terms of service ? Why am I not told this by Page Plus instead of by a forum?

It's not against the rules: did you read my post and chat transcript above?

You never answered what phone the sim you were swapping originally came from?

I'm thinking it has more to do with that and the Turbo compatibility issue. The reason Verizon itself requests you to contact them first before swapping sims is to confirm compatibility and avoid future hassles.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    In the MVNO world, and most specifically the end of it that TracFone inhabits, not paying attention to trends that change over time (years) with how things operate and policies that change in subtle ways (not outlined in TOS docs in a timely way) can get you into jams that normally you'd want to avoid if you like their service and what they have to offer. Which is what all the yakkin' on HoFo is about!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    It's not against the rules: did you read my post and chat transcript above?

You never answered what phone the sim you were swapping originally came from?
    Previous device Motorola Droid Turbo 2. "new Device" Motorola Droid Turbo 2, no change. First phone battery bloated like a balloon and a connector was damaged attempting a repair. AFAIK Droid Turbo 2 (and predecessor Droid Turbo) was produced exclusively for Verizon, so, presumably, there is no network incompatibility, at least at their introduction. Verizon sold a "locked" prepaid version that could be used on Page Plus only after the period of indentured servitude. Aware of this, I bought phones sold as "unlocked".
    I find the Droid Turbo 2 completely satisfactory to my needs. Prior to the Turbo 2, I used the earlier model "Turbo" which has essentially the same specs. I recommended/bought Turbo's for family members. Current eBay price is $80-$100 with the eBay-eze descriptors "new, open box, unlocked, Verizon, Page Page".
    Yes, thanks for your transcript, it matches my prior experience. I used to only communicate with PP by chat to get a written transcript but found that future CS reps were indifferent to what was said in the past.

Off topic: The Turbo was by far more reliable despite the key feature of the Turbo 2 having a "unbreakable" screen. I suspect the only true purpose of the Turbo 2 was manufacturing cost reductions.
    Last edited by rleyden310; 07-10-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro, Google Pixel 4a 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Honestly I don't see why Page plus is still around, I mean Verizon bought all of Tracfone recently and all subscribers under All tracfone brands that lives in a Verizon area will be forced to Tracfone Verizon anyways.

Honestly I loved the Droid turbo Series but its pretty old now and while I would had loved to buy one to use now, I went with a Pixel 4a 5G and I love that phone. If you want a new(Used) phone though that should work for awhile and is multi carrier ready a Pixel 3a XL should do the trick and its on ebay currently for between $65-$105.

You could also leave the tracfone brand and move over to Red Pocket Verizon, customer service is somewhat so-so but within the Verizon area of red pocket I have heard it works fine.

Edit: I almost forgot, there is also US Mobile which runs on Verizon or T-Mobile whichever one you want to use. They do have a build your own prepaid plan which is billed monthly but you do get somewhat better support than what Tracfone is offering.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity 400 Meg per second Internet plan, Roku Ultra for Streaming.

Landline: N/A

Mobile Entertainment: US Mobile for Primary Service, T-Mobile business for secondary phone.

Want to save money and join a Postpaid family plan? Try Circledin where you can get Post Paid service on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon but for family plan pricing vs. full price. You get savings, carriers get Postpaid adds and everyone wins.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Honestly I don't see why Page plus is still around, I mean Verizon bought all of Tracfone recently and all subscribers under All tracfone brands that lives in a Verizon area will be forced to Tracfone Verizon anyways.
    If the phone doesn't work on PagePlus it wouldn't work on TF(the brand)/Vzw either. All TF brand phones and sims for Verizon are the same except for plans. Also there's been no mention of the various TF brands going away and everything being called TF. Just that Verizon will be the only network any of the brands will use.

However if the sim from the OPs original non-VoLTE phone was now being put in a VoLTE phone, without a new sim and official transfer, that may be the issue with the lost balance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2