Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confiscation of paygo balance by Page Plus computer

Feedback Score

Confiscation of paygo balance by Page Plus computer

I just changed to a new (refurbished) phone. After a few days I noticed my balance was zero. Even though I had not made any calls and had mobile data turned off, I had previously noted the balances mysteriously dropping after switching to a new phone even with data off. So, I added another $10. Two days later, the balance was again zero, no calls made, data off. I called Page Plus CS and after being elevated to the higher level. I was eventually told that my balance had been confiscated. When I asked why, she said that it was done by computer and she had no way of finding out. She restored my second $10 but said she could not restore the previous confiscation because I had added money after that which, I guess, they take refilling to mean I was happy with the confiscation.
    Im not sure its relevant but this was the third phone (Motorola Droid Turbo 2 from eBay) that I attempted to activate over about 2 weeks. First phone had a defect (no sound), 2nd phone Page Plus refused to activate because the IMEI was not in their system (It had the normal Verizon crapware). I had also temporarily inserted the SIM card into a old Droid Turbo 1 to get by. If this is a fraudulent pattern, what would the fraud be?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rleyden310 View Post
    I just changed to a new (refurbished) phone. After a few days I noticed my balance was zero. Even though I had not made any calls and had mobile data turned off, I had previously noted the balances mysteriously dropping after switching to a new phone even with data off. So, I added another $10. Two days later, the balance was again zero, no calls made, data off. I called Page Plus CS and after being elevated to the higher level. I was eventually told that my balance had been confiscated. When I asked why, she said that it was done by computer and she had no way of finding out. She restored my second $10 but said she could not restore the previous confiscation because I had added money after that which, I guess, they take refilling to mean I was happy with the confiscation.
    Im not sure its relevant but this was the third phone (Motorola Droid Turbo 2 from eBay) that I attempted to activate over about 2 weeks. First phone had a defect (no sound), 2nd phone Page Plus refused to activate because the IMEI was not in their system (It had the normal Verizon crapware). I had also temporarily inserted the SIM card into a old Droid Turbo 1 to get by. If this is a fraudulent pattern, what would the fraud be?
    What was your highest balance before it disappeared? If it was enough for a monthly plan they may have taken it and changed your plan to monthly. They did that to me.

Check and see what your plan is now.

Scum sucking weasels.

Feedback Score
    Balance before 1st confiscation was less than $10, probably closer to $5. That's why I just added another $10.
    After my balance was "restored" 2 day later it was down $4 due to mobile data. Mobile data was off, Android reported no data usage, no calls, 1 text message.
    I'm looking at US Mobile or Twigby, neither offers what I want, which is just a few minutes of calls a month for minimum $. But maybe they don't steal.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Are you able to log into your PPC online account to see if there are any clues there about where your data is going?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you really want to leave PPC, if you could consider a T-Mobile MVNO, FreedomPop has a Walmart exclusive free plan that includes 300/1000/100/mo, although that might require a different phone that fully supports T-Mobile.

-FreedomPop Walmart Exclusive (T-Mobile)-
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/680827893
    $0/30 Days
    Includes 300/1000/100 Each 30 Days

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at US Mobile or Twigby, neither offers what I want, which is just a few minutes of calls a month for minimum $. But maybe they don't steal.
    Have you used the prepaidcompare.net site?

You can search using whatever your criteria, and the site works like magic!
    It won't tell you which ones don't steal, of course!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Are you able to log into your PPC online account to see if there are any clues there about where your data is going?
    Yes, I can log in but it only says some like "395 Mb data used" all in one go. Mobile data was turned off. nothing reported by Android. I subsequently turned off background data but I don't think that should matter is the master moobile data button is "off"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If you really want to leave PPC, if you could consider a T-Mobile MVNO, FreedomPop has a Walmart exclusive free plan that includes 300/1000/100/mo, although that might require a different phone that fully supports T-Mobile.

-FreedomPop Walmart Exclusive (T-Mobile)-
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/680827893
    $0/30 Days
    Includes 300/1000/100 Each 30 Days
    My house is in a valley but has line of sight to a Verizon tower, T-Mobile doesn't get reception at all. Google Fi coverage map shows the same, no coverage at my house.
    I could make a use case for having a mobile phone only when I'm away from home but it comes with greatly diminished value.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I keep wondering about this Droid Turbo 2 you say you most recently added to your line of service. That's kind of an old device isn't it (2015)? When I first heard it mentioned I wondered if that was even VoLTE capable (LTE for data, yes, and it uses a SIM card), and how would they (VZW or its MVNOs) allow it to be added. Are you doing your phone changing by simply moving the SIM around? Seems like there's more to the story here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Somehow, I think it might, if the link below is regarding the correct Motorola DROID TURBO 2 device.

Look at https://www.verizon.com/support/moto...bo-2/features/ and check the HD Voice section.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I can log in but it only says some like "395 Mb data used" all in one go. Mobile data was turned off. nothing reported by Android. I subsequently turned off background data but I don't think that should matter is the master moobile data button is "off"
    It sounds like you phone actually used the data. Do you have GMaps, GPlay, GPhoto, and other apps set to not use mobile data. Also disable background data. Check to see if there is a setting that automatically switches to mobile dta if Wifi gets weak. Phones will use some data even if you have data turned off. Android OS and GPlay are notorious for this, but I have never seen them use more than a small amount of data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A replacement Vzw MVNO plan option for the OP might be to port their # to Tracfone with a 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year plan for $49.99. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...a/283493024108 Sometimes there's a 20% coupon code available for an additional discount. Maybe if someone knows if one is currently available, they can post it here...

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wow, Boz1! The one website I didn't check! That device was apparently an early adopter of HD Voice then. Other sites I checked didn't get specific enough regarding either HD Voice or VoLTE (if the terms appeared at all).

Seems a rather punative thing for PPC to do to a customer, and to use the term "confiscate."

Your suggestion for the $50 TF deal is a good one, IMO (unless there's something else going on).

I'm leaning toward bobdevnul's line of thinking.

Feedback Score
    I agree with bobdevnul's line of thinking too but I'm also unclear on the OPs process of activation and what phone they were using before this all started and the various Turbo 2's off ebay.
    OP:
    What phone were you using before the change to the Turbo 2's ?
    How were you activating them ? Through a CSR or online? Sim swap?
    You said you swapped the sim into a Turbo 1 (which isn't even VoLTE) to get by; how'd that work?
    Did the three Turbo 2's all come from the same ebay seller ?

With the whole VoLTE change over I know you needed to keep an old non-VoLTE phone active to retain service until Vzw finally shuts down so called cdma. Depending on your process that may have played into it. If you changed phones without a new sim and official transfer that may have killed your service thus the balance "confiscation". Or just another bum phone with data showing off but really on.

I don't think it's something sneaky from PP. Just bad phone(s) or process.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A bit more info from the OP in THIS POST . Sounds like PP doesn't like SIM swapping and suspended the line by removing the balance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast