Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did anyone's $300/year plan renew recently or is renewing soon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
    I recommend porting out to T-Mobile prepaid. Super easy, I will probably do this again.

As far as porting back to AT&T I think you still have to call them.
    Cool, I will give that a try with TMobile. I actually just did the "Test Drive" on my iPhone, and the signal strengths were nearly identical to ATT in the spots I go, so I probably could use it for a month or two even with no problems.

I'm hoping the process goes smooth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiGuyCar View Post
    Cool, I will give that a try with TMobile. I actually just did the "Test Drive" on my iPhone, and the signal strengths were nearly identical to ATT in the spots I go, so I probably could use it for a month or two even with no problems.

I'm hoping the process goes smooth
    Porting in and out T-Mobile is fully automated. No phone calls needed.

Feedback Score
    Porting in and out T-Mobile is fully automated. No phone calls needed.
    Great, I値l give it a try!

Device(s)
    LG G8X
    Carrier(s)
    At&t Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I called Customer Service today. They said as an existing customer, I can port both my lines to the $300 yearly plan. No issues there. But as an existing customer, I only get 8 GB of data. 16 GB, double data, is only for new customers only. The website makes no mention of this limitation. A previous Customer Service Agent I spoke to, I think it was about two and a half weeks ago, said that I couldn't switch because the yearly plan was for new subscribers only. can somebody please separate the fact from fiction for me? Is it possible to port to this plan inside an At&t Corporate Store?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapCharlie View Post
    I called Customer Service today. They said as an existing customer, I can port both my lines to the $300 yearly plan. No issues there. But as an existing customer, I only get 8 GB of data. 16 GB, double data, is only for new customers only. The website makes no mention of this limitation. A previous Customer Service Agent I spoke to, I think it was about two and a half weeks ago, said that I couldn't switch because the yearly plan was for new subscribers only. can somebody please separate the fact from fiction for me? Is it possible to port to this plan inside an At&t Corporate Store?
    I looked on the AT&T Prepaid website, and it says about the 16GB plan:

"Taxes and fees extra. Excludes upgrades. Req's new line & $300 payment at active. Other fees, charges & restr's apply."

I guess their "Req's new line" could mean that you have to be a new customer?

It says "Online Offer" so I guess their stores won't be able to offer the plan or something.

(As an aside, it's interesting how they say it requires $300 payment "at active" instead of "at activation" - like they didn't proofread it!)

(Also, what does "Excludes upgrades" mean, I wonder)
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Device(s)
    LG G8X
    Carrier(s)
    At&t Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My plan was coming due yesterday, thus I called 611 and attempted to switch my two lines from the current 5 GB Multi-line Account to the $300 yearly plan. No amount of begging, pleading, threatening to switch would sway the CS Rep. I could get the 8 GB Data allowance, but the 16 GB Data allowance is only for new subscribers only. Alas, the new plan, even at 8 GB is still a good deal and the same price as my older plan. As a bonus, I can call/visit my family in Canada anytime without having to switch to the $40 plan for 30 days like I used to.

Also, I want to add, I added 3 $100 At&t RTR to each line using Callingmart's Autopay before I called the CS Rep. I just spaced the autopay a day apart. Callingmart was very prompt, at midnight of the day of the autopay, the correct pin was in my account. So with Callingmart's autopay discount, each line is running me $23.25 for 30 days.

Feedback Score
    To give an update: I chatted with Customer Service on Twitter and they wouldn't do anything other "contact us a few days before your plan renews". I just ported to T-Mobile again.

Porting to T-Mobile again was fully automated. I ordered a SIM and a plan on their website (I also specified all information required for port (AT&T account # and PIN) during the order). SIM was shipped by UPS 3-day but arrived 2 days later. 4 days later I put it in my phone, turned it on, got a strange text message about not being able to send text, rebooted again and everything works now. Also received an email from AT&T about line ported out.

Device(s)
    LG G8X
    Carrier(s)
    At&t Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    To give an update: I chatted with Customer Service on Twitter and they wouldn't do anything other "contact us a few days before your plan renews". I just ported to T-Mobile again.

Porting to T-Mobile again was fully automated. I ordered a SIM and a plan on their website (I also specified all information required for port (AT&T account # and PIN) during the order). SIM was shipped by UPS 3-day but arrived 2 days later. 4 days later I put it in my phone, turned it on, got a strange text message about not being able to send text, rebooted again and everything works now. Also received an email from AT&T about line ported out.
    What information did you have to give T-Mobile for a port out?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapCharlie View Post
    What information did you have to give T-Mobile for a port out?
    AT&T account # & PIN. It is already in my previous post.

In case you didn't know: you need to call AT&T customer service to find out your account #. It is not listed in OLAM and it is not your phone #.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I知 up next month. I plan to port out to the T-Mobile Prepaid $10 plan for a day using eSIM to save the trouble of paying another $10 to order a T-Mobile SIM, create a new AT&T Prepaid account using eSIM to get the 16GB data, and then port back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLin View Post
    I知 up next month. I plan to port out to the T-Mobile Prepaid $10 plan for a day using eSIM to save the trouble of paying another $10 to order a T-Mobile SIM, create a new AT&T Prepaid account using eSIM to get the 16GB data, and then port back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please post how it goes. I知 thinking of doing the exact same thing. I知 also curious how it goes with the eSIM on prepaid.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    US Mobile (VZ) has 10 day free trial and eSIM option or free sim -- you can port a number in during activation so that might be another option (you'll probably have to call them for account number/pin to port back out of there)

I used it last week to port over an Xfinity line just to cancel it -- turned off auto pay so line would expire at the end of free trial (spare line so didn't port back out)

When getting a new $300 ATT plan just make sure the temp ATT number you get is from the same area/region as your regular phone number that you'll port later -- lots of info in the Wiki on 1st page at SD:

slickdeals.net/f/15847180-new-at-t-wireless-prepaid-subscribers-12-month-service-16gb-data-month-300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2