Thread: The future of Howard Forums Mobile Community

Feedback Score

Post The future of Howard Forums Mobile Community

I really dislike Reddit and all it's trolls, shills, sophists, and more. The up and downvote system is incredibly flawed and is typically used maliciously. Having said that, it seems forums like Howard's are being less visited. It seems (to me) most people love the swarm or Pitbull mentality. Subreddit's moderators rarely become involved.

Furthermore, if you have a tech or support question, you may not be able to post your question because you don't have enough of "karma" points. It's really an unhealthy environment, I think. I suppose one can argue that's the way our society is now, and it's regressing.

Device(s)
    Iphone XS, Google Pixel 6, Motorola G power 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I come to this site for a lot of my information on TracFone mostly. I think it's better than calling customer service. I even have a direct number but rather go to this site instead. I love Reddit for everything else.

Feedback Score
    I like these old-school forums and follow several of them. I agree that the up-down voting becomes just malicious. For example, I find some of the threads on Ars Technica interesting, but I quickly got sick of being downvoted for stating factual information that the regulars just don't want to read. Most threads eventually devolve into petty arguments between a few commenters about things unrelated to the original post. Also, the mods make a huge difference! I ran an early forum for awhile and we had a zero tolerance policy for trolls and spammers and many people thanked us for it. The problem was it meant I had to be checking late at night, on weekends, and on vacation. The trolls are just relentless. I don't envy the mods' job.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    I really dislike Reddit and all it's trolls, shills, sophists, and more. The up and downvote system is incredibly flawed and is typically used maliciously. Having said that, it seems forums like Howard's are being less visited. It seems (to me) most people love the swarm or Pitbull mentality. Subreddit's moderators rarely become involved.

Furthermore, if you have a tech or support question, you may not be able to post your question because you don't have enough of "karma" points. It's really an unhealthy environment, I think. I suppose one can argue that's the way our society is now, and it's regressing.
    Reddit has a lot of subject area forums. The ones I look at and contribute to don't have many really bad trolls, shills, sophists.

I don't remember how the karma thing works. It did not take me long to get past it.

I still look at HoFo most days, but since the years long debate on T-Mo and Sprint there hasn't been much that is very interesting. My gut estimate is that 90% of the posts are about people dealing with or trying to game Tracfone deals.