Thread: hot swap motherboard?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

hot swap motherboard?

i have a 13 pro max and its been carrier lock and hasnt been paid off and went to collections...i want to buy a beat up 13 pro max with clean s/n..am i able to take the motherboard from the busted phone and place it in my phone with out having the need to program like the battery LCD etc?
    ive fix phones before with hot swapping parts no issues but giving how apple doesnt want u working on ur own phones fig id ask here to see if anyone knows this answer?

Feedback Score
    i don't think face ID would work, also since the serial number on the display does not match i believe you would get message that the display can not be confirmed as genuine each time you restart the phone,

also you want to be very careful removing the display to get to the board, have never done myself but have heard it is very tricky to remove a display from a iPhone 12/13 series without breaking it due to the water protection seal, etc. a heat pad may help but even than it not easy to remove without breaking. i know repair shops that when iPhone 12 or 13 come in for say a new battery they advise they may need to put a new display if the original breaks which is a significant additional cost.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i read that about the screen as well but i think the board might need to program the new LCD in which i would have to take it in to get work on cause i have no apple tools like that...if a repair shop says they cant take the LCD off with out damage then they aint a repair shop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i read that about the screen as well but i think the board might need to program the new LCD in which i would have to take it in to get work on cause i have no apple tools like that...if a repair shop says they cant take the LCD off with out damage then they aint a repair shop
    see this reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/setupapp/co...iphone_13_pro/

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    yea i might be better off just selling it, really not worth my money right now

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A Frankenphone seems to cost too much time, money, and effort. Start fresh with a different phone.
    Just another day in paradise.....