Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Combine minutes and port second number

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that ShadowyD wants to move the phone number AND the Pixel 3a to the new mvno?
    In post #12, he said he wanted to reactivate the Pixel 3a on TF.

would it be possible to reactivate the original Pixel 3a TF sim in a different phone or are the sim and IMEI tied together for balance reclaiming purposes? (It's an academic question for me at this point, but I recently ported my wife's line to Mobi and pitched the sim!)
    The Pixel 3a has a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM. As of now, an IMEI has to be provided (if done with a rep) when activating a BYOP TF/AT&T or TF/T-mo SIM, but TF isn't tying the SIM to the IMEI (yet). So, yes, the SIM can be activated with another phone. The question here is whether or not TF will reuse that BYOP AT&T SIM. Usually TF doesn't like to re-use an AT&T or T-mo SIM, but in this case there are some previous balances to be reclaimed, so they might reuse it. That's why I suggested to use Chat to do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    In post #12, he said he wanted to reactivate the Pixel 3a on TF.

The Pixel 3a has a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM. As of now, an IMEI has to be provided (if done with a rep) when activating a BYOP TF/AT&T or TF/T-mo SIM, but TF isn't tying the SIM to the IMEI (yet). So, yes, the SIM can be activated with another phone. The question here is whether or not TF will reuse that BYOP AT&T SIM. Usually TF doesn't like to re-use an AT&T or T-mo SIM, but in this case there are some previous balances to be reclaimed, so they might reuse it. That's why I suggested to use Chat to do it.
    Good to know it's possible to reclaim service after a port out...for the next time. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51, Google Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To make thing simpler:
    1. Reactivate the Pixel 3a to reclaim its previous balance + add the units/days from the $9.99 card.
    2. After step 1 was done, activate the Flip phone bundle WITH A TRANSFER from the Pixel 3a. That way, you'll only have two active lines: the flip phone and the A51.
    3. After 61 days, unlock the flip phone, then combine the flip phone's remaining buckets/days into those of the A51.

The steps above don't take into account Reward points. If you want to get AAL reward points for the flip phone, then it has to be activated as a new line. Then after its pending points have been vested, then you can do the unlocking and combine.
    Thanks for the excellent suggestions, hpham! They will be a big help. …Are you sure that a person can reactivate a smartphone line with only a basic airtime card?

Since last week, I have been occupied with attempting to port my TracFone TF/AT&T phone number to Red Pocket GSMA. An initial online attempt completely failed. It finally took 3 calls to Red Pocket and 2 calls to TracFone’s Portability Office to get the job done. TracFone did not want to let go of my phone number in spite of the fact that I had provided complete and accurate porting information and a valid port pin. Red Pocket finally asked me to call and demand a “manual release” from TracFone.

One thing I did learn is that TracFone’s Portability Office does have the power to increase the length of time that a Port Pin can be valid. The Office provided my Port Pin with a 7-day extension.

Tomorrow, I have to call Red Pocket again because they are having trouble activating the annual plan that was associated with my new SIM card. Always something. …BUT, at least my AT&T phone number is now out of TracFone’s clutches!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    Are you sure that a person can reactivate a smartphone line with only a basic airtime card?
    Yes. Although TF web site won't let you buy or redeem points for basic cards to apply to a smartphone, you can do it by buying the basic card from TF on Ebay or somewhere else.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    1. Reactivate the Pixel 3a to reclaim its previous balance + add the units/days from the $9.99 card.
    In addition to the new TracFone Airtime card, what pieces of information do I need to have ready to identify my previous balance and to reactivate my Pixel 3a on TracFone ...my old TF/AT&T SIM card number? ...my Pixel 3a IMEI? ...or what?

Thanks again for your help!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    In addition to the new TracFone Airtime card, what pieces of information do I need to have ready to identify my previous balance and to reactivate my Pixel 3a on TracFone ...my old TF/AT&T SIM card number? ...my Pixel 3a IMEI? ...or what?
    Log into your TF account where the Pixel 3a was. Click on Manage Lines, it should be listed as an inactive device. Select it and do an (RE)ACTIVATE. I don't have any inactive device in my account right now to do a simulation, but that should be close enough. Give it a try and get back to us if that doesn't work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Log into your TF account where the Pixel 3a was. Click on Manage Lines, it should be listed as an inactive device. Select it and do an (RE)ACTIVATE. I don't have any inactive device in my account right now to do a simulation, but that should be close enough. Give it a try and get back to us if that doesn't work.
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire … The typical TracFone mess!

I tried to reactivate my Pixel 3a. …I followed all of the online instructions to (re)activate. I asked for a new phone number. Received nothing. However, it did take my new airtime PIN. After that, I got the pop-up yakking about applying for a new free Verizon SIM. But, the website did take me through the entire reactivating process. However, I never got a phone number, nor did anything else happen. Instead, there are these new messages in my online account:

Phone Number:
    Activation in Progress

Your device is in the process of being activated. Please wait five minutes: • For phones, make a call to confirm your service is active. • For data-only devices, check if you can connect to the internet. • For Emergency Connect, check that you can send a check-in alert and an SMS for this alert is received. If after one hour your service is still experiencing issues, repeat the activation steps below or contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183.

Activation in Progress

Your device is in the process of being activated. Please wait five minutes: • For phones, make a call to confirm your service is active. • For data-only devices, check if you can connect to the internet. • For Emergency Connect, check that you can send a check-in alert and an SMS for this alert is received. If after one hour your service is still experiencing issues, repeat the activation steps below or contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183.

(Btw, there are no activation steps below these messages.)

And, on another page in my account, it shows that there is a Reactivation Request with an ID number, and it shows that I have two active lines, although the line attached to my inactive device is still deemed inactive.

While all of this was going on, TracFone texted my phone wanting me to verify it. Duh –how do I do that without an active line?

From the TracFone app on my Pixel phone, it appears that the new service days were added somewhere, but it’s unable to provide me with minutes/texts/data totals. (I’ll bet that my old minutes/texts/data get confiscated.)

So, what should I do now?

TIA!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Give it a few hours to complete the activation. Meanwhile power the phone off and on a few times.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Will do. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Yes, wait as hpham suggested. Usually my activations completed almost instantly. Only once after a few hours it stuck on activation - I used a $9.99 basic plan service PIN purchased from Tracfone eBay store. I think I was able to text BAL to 611611 and see the the service end date in a month, but all buckets showed 0 (or in app/website I forgot). I called TF and the agent could see expiration date. She added 300MB/30/30 to my account and the line was activated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Usually, when the activation is complete, the phone will receive a Welcome text from TF.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2