Thread: metro pcs service question

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score

metro pcs service question

i have the tracfone galaxy a21 phone. i do not care for this phone so i want to get one that has 64 or 128 gb of storage. i had the lg k20 but tracfone made me get the a21 phone. the k20 had adoptable sd card storage but the a21 will not adopt the sd card and i'm running out of storage.

what i need to find out is will the lg k20 work on the metro pcs network or is that phone going away like it did on the tracfone network.

if the lg k20 will not work can anyone tell me what phones will work on the metro pcs? i'm looking at the nord n10 and 20 also the nokia x100 and the moto g stylus 5g and also the galaxy a23. but i'm not convinced i will go with the a23 being the a21 is not a likeable phone for my needs.

because metro is about to stop 3g service i have to find a phone that has 4g at minimum and more than likely find a 5g phone like the moto g stylus 5g. but some are telling me the moto g is also going away.

thanks for any help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
    ... can anyone tell me what phones will work on the metro pcs?
    Since Metro is TMobile, my guess is that you can use Mint's byop checker.

It checks using just the make and model, doesn't need imei, so I think it will work for you. It's at https://www.mintmobile.com/byop/

(I have old MetroPCS phones, and Mint's checker tells me they are all useless as phones now )
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    say thanks for that link. it looks like the lg aristo is good to go for now and the lg k20 is not going to work.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    ok maybe some can help with this question it seems that metro is turning off this free line now and then and the wife need to call and have it turned back on. so i'm looking at getting a dual sim phone can anyone tell me if i can get a dual sim phone and put both the metro pcs sim into it and the tracfone sim into it? this way for maybe a year or 2 i can test the networks and if for any reason metro shuts the free line off again i can just forget about that line and just continue on with tracfone.

i guess i can just by the card and keep it turned onto the phone even though it is not in the phone at this time and then if metro shuts down the free line they gave us again i can just forgo that sim and put the tracfone sim back into the phone and keep going. when i go to my TF account it still thinks the sim is in the phone. but i'm now looking for a 64 or 128 gb phone as the a21 TF gave me does not have the storage and will not adopt the sd card.

thanks.