Thread: Visible to become a fully e-SIM carrier?

Feedback Score

Visible to become a fully e-SIM carrier?

Just read on Phone Scoop that Visible is becoming a full e-SIM carrier. Link below.

What does this mean to customers that are using non e-SIM phones?

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=22799

Feedback Score
    It says "Visible says it has an "ongoing commitment to become a fully eSIM-based wireless carrier.""
    I think all carriers have that in their game plan. Sims will be dead as the tech matures.
    Same transition as we left behind 3G and non-VoLTE compatible, etc.

Feedback Score
    I got scared there for a second.
    I don't like eSIMs. It's like CDMA pita IMEI registration all over again.
    I want to be able to switch phones without "mothers" permission.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I agree. And imagine all of those people with Visible SIM cards in non phone devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It's not at all like that. You scan a QR code (provided by the new carrier) with your camera and... done. You have switched.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tut...ng-a-qr-code/6

Feedback Score
    i'm mixed on eSIM. i theory i like the ease of switching carriers without the need of a SIM. on the other hand i do prefer not to service and device tied together and do fear some carriers will limit certain plans to certain devices, etc. also carrier could start to charge a fee on every device change

a physical SIM that i have the control to remove and insert into the device on my choice without any interaction with the carrier has a lot of appeal and i do fear as they start to go away carrier will lock down the eSIM's more in terms of limiting device choice and possible fees for changes. it is true that some carries such as Metro already tie service on physical SIM's to the IMEI of a device and charge fee to switch devices(at least in store) but that is the exception and not the norm.

Feedback Score
    I haven't used Visible (yet), but I have been using eSIMs for awhile on T Mobile, and frankly I prefer them. Yes, sometimes there are some glitches getting the eSIM working, but overall it beats ordering one online and waiting for it or having to go into a store to get one. Where I live there are no stores selling T Mobile SIMs, and obviously with Visible I would have to wait for one to come in the mail, which isn't very reliable here either. Strangely, for some reason a Galaxy S22 with both eSIM and a regular SIM inserted almost always shows a better signal with the eSIM. Not sure if that is real or why it would be.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    I haven't used Visible (yet), but I have been using eSIMs for awhile on T Mobile, and frankly I prefer them. Yes, sometimes there are some glitches getting the eSIM working, but overall it beats ordering one online and waiting for it or having to go into a store to get one. Where I live there are no stores selling T Mobile SIMs, and obviously with Visible I would have to wait for one to come in the mail, which isn't very reliable here either. Strangely, for some reason a Galaxy S22 with both eSIM and a regular SIM inserted almost always shows a better signal with the eSIM. Not sure if that is real or why it would be.
    So I don't have anything that'll do E-sim but what happens when your internal sim stops working?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowr05 View Post
    So I don't have anything that'll do E-sim but what happens when your internal sim stops working?
    eSim and physical sim are independent of each other, from what I've read.
    So you can have just the eSim, or just the physical sim, or both, active on a phone.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Device(s)
    Iphone XS, Google Pixel 6, Motorola G power 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I just got a Motorola G power 2021. Now it may be obsolete soon. I hope I get two years out of the phone.

Sent from my TECNO KG5j using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I attempted to upgrade to the Visible + plan on my iPhone 13 PM. They sent the sim card to me and when and converted to eSim. Was out of service with no data connectivity and flaky cell service for two days since the upgrade. Even Verizon 2nd line support couldn’t assist. On the third day I move and ported to US Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Mint MVNO. Former: Visible, Verizon, at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    I attempted to upgrade to the Visible + plan on my iPhone 13 PM. They sent the sim card to me and when and converted to eSim. Was out of service with no data connectivity and flaky cell service for two days since the upgrade. Even Verizon 2nd line support couldn’t assist. On the third day I move and ported to US Mobile.

Same thing happened to friend in Des Moines except he didn't do the eSim. Visible botched up the upgrade so bad he had to switch over to T-Mobile post-paid because he could not be without a functioning phone as he was waiting for job interview call backs. Cost them a customer and they lost the money it took to ship a new SIM via FedEx.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk74 View Post
    Same thing happened to friend in Des Moines except he didn't do the eSim. Visible botched up the upgrade so bad he had to switch over to T-Mobile post-paid because he could not be without a functioning phone as he was waiting for job interview call backs. Cost them a customer and they lost the money it took to ship a new SIM via FedEx.
    Yep, it was such a S show.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walcott View Post
    I just got a Motorola G power 2021. Now it may be obsolete soon. I hope I get two years out of the phone.

Sent from my TECNO KG5j using HoFo mobile app
    This is what I'm worried about as well. They've already eliminated sooo many phones with Volte and using whitelists, now it'll be Esim or no service???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowr05 View Post
    This is what I'm worried about as well. They've already eliminated sooo many phones with Volte and using whitelists, now it'll be Esim or no service???
    Seems unlikely. Many of the phones they sell can't do eSIM.