Thread: PagePlus - I'm using data, but it's not being depleted from my balance

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score

PagePlus - I'm using data, but it's not being depleted from my balance

I'm on the 500/500/100 plan and my call records beginning when the plan auto-renewed on 5/1 show that I'm using data.

Name:  PagePlus data used May 2022.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  46.2 KB

But when I look at my summary it shows that the entire 100MB is still remaining.

Name:  PagePlus data May 2022.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  32.1 KB

The only thing I can assume is that it's drawing from my cash balance which is going down. Why is data not being drawn from my 100MB monthly allotment?
    If you think the pandemic is bad now, just wait. Doctors tell us the next variant plays the accordion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    ...But when I look at my summary it shows that the entire 100MB is still remaining.

Name:  PagePlus data May 2022.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  32.1 KB

The only thing I can assume is that it's drawing from my cash balance which is going down. Why is data not being drawn from my 100MB monthly allotment?
    I'm on PayGo and never saw what a monthly plan screen looks like. But, your plan has a heading of "REMAINING", but the data column is headed "DATA USAGE". So is that actual usage and not remaining like the talk/text columns?

Since you used over 100mb it reflects you hit the limit. Overage could be what's drawing from your cash balance. Do you know what your cash balance was when the monthly plan started on the 1st ?

Like I said, I don't know how monthly plan usage is shown/interpreted in accounts.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm on PayGo and never saw what a monthly plan screen looks like. But, your plan has a heading of "REMAINING", but the data column is headed "DATA USAGE". So is that actual usage and not remaining like the talk/text columns?
    I think you're right. I haven't really paid much attention to that number because I am mostly using wifi. I always thought it was the data balance, but in fact it must be MB of data depleted. And since I've used my 100MB already, that would explain why my cash balance is decreasing.

Feedback Score
    I think you're right. I haven't really paid much attention to that number because I am mostly using wifi. I always thought it was the data balance, but in fact it must be MB of data depleted. And since I've used my 100MB already, that would explain why my cash balance is decreasing.
    I was hoping someone that's on a monthly plan would chime in about what that balance screen is actually indicating.
    Most people I've seen post in this thread are on the PayGo plan.

Have you tried texting BAL to 7243 to see what that says?
    Do you recall what your cash balance was when your monthly renewed to see if the data you used over the 100mb is what was charged off the cash balance at .05c a mb?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what my cash balance was when I renewed, but I know it was much more than $1.66. Here's what I get when I text BAL to 7243.

Name:  PP balance.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  31.5 KB

So yes, I've depleted my 100MB and it's drawing from my cash balance for data. This is obviously happening when I'm out driving around because I'm connected to wifi both and work and at home. I use Google Voice so each text uses a little bit of data. And notices from my Google Calendar and Cozi are also using some data. I don't have Facebook, Youtube or any other data-hungry apps on my phone. I guess it's time to start looking around for a plan that offers more than 100MB.

Thanks rpz1 for your observations.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Relztrah, I can't remember from your post history if you're using Android or iPhone, but if the former, considering what a small allotment of data 100 MB is, you might try out Android's Data Saver feature, which is pretty handy. On iPhone you'd have to settle for just switching off data for apps individually, that you don't want using background (passive) data while you're away from Wi-Fi. If it's important enough to bother, that is.

Feedback Score
    Thanks rpz1 for your observations.
    Was just a guess based on how that screen is labled. Good the texting BAL confirmed what that screen is really indicating.
    In addition to what @whacker suggested about data management, make sure in PlayStore you have it set to download over wifi only, and not auto update apps. Note that even with wifi only set, Play Store will still do a check for updates and other Google Services will check for things as will some apps. Even with data saver (background data) on, and data on.
    For example I just turned my data on (usually keep it off), data saver on, and still used .7mb for PlayStore checking for updates and .3mb Google Services Framework.