Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does PagePlus now support Wifi Calling?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have RCS on a number of Verizon based Straight Talk phones. PagePlus is a sister company to Straight Talk. I know people with Verizon based Tracfone with RCS too. Tracfone is parent company for PagePlus.

I do know if you have switched phones and the old phone had RCS, RCS get messed up because RCS links to the phone a bit more then SMS/MMS. It even links the software that you used. So switching apps with RCS is a little harder.

Just wondering, have you tried Samsung Messages? I know that is what I have used on an A50, A51, and S20 FE 5G devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have RCS on a number of Verizon based Straight Talk phones. PagePlus is a sister company to Straight Talk. I know people with Verizon based Tracfone with RCS too. Tracfone is parent company for PagePlus.

I do know if you have switched phones and the old phone had RCS, RCS get messed up because RCS links to the phone a bit more then SMS/MMS. It even links the software that you used. So switching apps with RCS is a little harder.

Just wondering, have you tried Samsung Messages? I know that is what I have used on an A50, A51, and S20 FE 5G devices.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the default Samsung Messages before installing the Google app. My old Samsung phone supposedly wasn't RCS capable, so I never used it or saw a setting related to it. Since Verizon owns all of Tracfone now, and thus PagePlus, maybe someday they will make things consistent....

Feedback Score
    Excuse my ignorance on the topic but the last I checked Page Plus was not yet supporting the new so called wifi calling. If the Op is trying to text using regular wifi wouldn't they need a special app that does that and the person on the receiving end have the same app? Or is that what the RCS capability is in a texting app? Thanks

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes. That indeed is what the RCS standard and the features it provides is all about. Both parties need more modern Android devices with their Messages and Carrier Services apps pretty up to date, and traffic goes over either mobile data or Wi-Fi (if available, and if the recipient has theirs running similarly. Otherwise texting follows the normal established channels and methods). I don't use it, so I can't say if it's automatic or you have to select which path info is sent on. My LG Fiesta 2 phones (from 2017, since retired from daily use) had the capability, if I had updated those two apps mentioned. I didn't see the need, as I use Google Voice for texting and my whole phone ID.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance on the topic but the last I checked Page Plus was not yet supporting the new so called wifi calling. If the Op is trying to text using regular wifi wouldn't they need a special app that does that and the person on the receiving end have the same app? Or is that what the RCS capability is in a texting app? Thanks
    Some background:

Verizon is adopting RCS and Google Messages beginning 2022
    https://www.androidguys.com/news/ver...eginning-2022/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2