Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Request Call Detail Records (CDRs)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

How Do I Request Call Detail Records (CDRs)

How do I request Call Detail Records (CDRs)? My 16 year-old daughter is getting calls soliciting her for sex from a blocked CallerID.

Please direct me to a web page with instructions.

Thank you.
    Last edited by nellobird; 05-05-2022 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Correction

Feedback Score
    Afaik for an individual it's impossible from PPC. But law enforcement should be able to.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nellobird View Post
    How do I request Call Detail Records (CDRs)? My 16 year-old daughter is getting calls soliciting her for sex from a blocked CallerID.
    If you have an online account with them you can login and select Call Records. You can select up to 90 days from the drop down menu. You can also enter a date range. I don't know how long of a date range they support.

Oops, I just noticed that you said the calls have blocked Caller ID. I don't know if that will show up in the OLAM call records. You can try contacting PP customer support, but they may be useless.

This sounds like a police matter. Getting blocked Caller ID info out of a phone service will probably require a govt search warrant. They may take a child sex predator issue seriously. Make detailed notes. Put a call recording app on the phone, but make sure to follow your state's recording notification law to use it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    File a police report, they can get it... otherwise you're not going to be able to access any blocked caller info.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Afaik for an individual it's impossible from PPC. But law enforcement should be able to.
    That's a shame. Back when I used PPC, detailed call/text/data records were available in my online account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's a shame. Back when I used PPC, detailed call/text/data records were available in my online account.
    i meant from a blocked #.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Page Plus still has call/usage records online - not many prepaids do.

The OP was looking for the number from calls made with CallerID blocked. Page Plus won't have that info. They will have to get it from Verizon. That will take the police getting involved.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Requesting CDRs from Verizon Wireless and Page Plus Cellular

After a lot of calls, Internet searching, and Tweets, I determined that subscribers can request Call Detail Records (CDRs) for their own devices without a subpoena.

Re: Verizon

According to Twitter Direct Messages exchanged with ‘VerizonSupport’, a subscriber can request CDRs by contacting:

Verizon Security Assistance Team
    Attn: VSAT Court Order/Search Warrant Team 1
    80 Washington Valley Road
    Bedminster, NJ 07921
    800-451-5242
    Hours of Operation are: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Eastern.

When I called this number, it was a voice response unit. Ultimately, it determined that the number I was calling from is not a Verizon number and hung up on me.

After I tweeted further, I was also told that subscribers can call 800-922-0204 to speak to humans at Verizon's "Legal Support Team"; I did not try calling this number so I don't know if it is helpful.

RE: Page Plus Cellular

I called Page Plus Cellular customer service (+1 800.550.2436) and asked for my Call Detail Records. The agent transferred me to "Legal" which played a recording with instructions for submitting a request.

Below is my transcription of the recording.

In order to receive a copy of your call detail record, you will need to send us a completed sworn statement requesting call detail records form together with a copy of the back of your phone showing the IMEI number that appears under the battery.

Alternatively, you may provide a sworn letter that includes your:
    Name,
    Address,
    Cellular phone number,
    Serial number (found under the battery of the phone),
    The time frame for the call detail records, and
    A statement confirming that you are the owner of the phone.

Your sworn letter must contain the following statement:
    “I declare under penalty of perjury that all statements contained in this letter are true and correct” followed by your signature.

A legible copy of the back of the phone showing the serial number must also be provided with your sworn letter.
    If your phone was lost or stolen, please include a copy of the police report or the incident report that states this.

You may fax your request to 1(866-809-7134).

Pursuant to FCC regulations, your address of record must appear in our database for at least 30 days before we may send your call detail records to your address.

Upon receiving your sworn statement or sworn letter and the copy of the back of the phone, an agent will call you on the cellular phone for which you have requested records to confirm your request to set up or confirm the contact information for your account, including your address of record. We will mail your call detail records to your address of records 30 days after we set up or confirm your contact information.

FCC regulations prohibit us from faxing or emailing your records to you.

If for any reason your cellular phone is not active or we are otherwise unable to reach you on your cellular phone to confirm your request and contact information, we will not be able to provide your call detail records.

If your phone is not active, you will need to serve us with a valid subpoena or court order to obtain your call detail records. Please note that Trac Phones does not have access to its customers’ voicemail and/or text message content. Therefore we are unable to provide this information.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    i meant from a blocked #.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Page Plus still has call/usage records online - not many prepaids do.

The OP was looking for the number from calls made with CallerID blocked. Page Plus won't have that info. They will have to get it from Verizon. That will take the police getting involved.
    Oh! Silly me! Thanks for clearing up what I was misunderstanding!

Feedback Score
    I'm going to guess that those sex calls are through a spoofed number. Don't know if Verizon, FBI, or even NSA can tell you the real number behind a spoofed one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    ...or even NSA can tell you the real number behind a spoofed one.
    They have the number.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    Don't know if Verizon, FBI, or even NSA can tell you the real number behind a spoofed one.
    Think about it:

1. These calls are made through a packet-switching network.
    2. Both the destination and source of each packet must be known in order to deliver it and acknowledge its delivery, respectively.
    3. FCC regulations (47 C.F.R. §42.6) require telecommunication companies to make, retain, and permit the inspection of records for each connection.
    Last edited by nellobird; 05-07-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This sounds like a police matter. Getting blocked Caller ID info out of a phone service will probably require a govt search warrant.
    I believe it requires a court subpoena, but the OP definitely needs to contact law enforcement so that they can get that information.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I believe it requires a court subpoena, but the OP definitely needs to contact law enforcement so that they can get that information.
    Court order, search warrant, or whatever, the police will know how to do it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Court order, search warrant, or whatever, the police will know how to do it.
    I will agree with this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast