Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: US Mobile vs Visible

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I will second the idea that US Mobile is a better overall experience. Their Customer Service is indeed very good, prompt and efficient. Better than most branded prepaid and MVNOs. Their app is really nice, if you care about that.

Actual cell service is, well, as good as Verizon service is in your area. Better than Visible.

As for Visible, so I really think the cloud core stuff is really cool, and for the price if you need a ton of data but can’t afford anything else I suppose it’s great. But the experience is mostly crap from what I’ve seen. Things don’t work reliably, and if you need 100% of your phone calls and text messages to make it through, pick something else. Good luck with CS if it’s anything more than the most basic troubleshooting.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    I’d like to know if I should expect US Mobile to be any better than Visible, or if all the prepaids (besides my Spectrum) are all going to perform similarly.
    US Mobile's ping times will be lower. I don't know if that matters to you. :-)

Visible routes all their Internet traffic through two main servers in the United States. This raises ping times for Visible but once you're downloading the speeds on Visible and US Mobile will be about the same (unless you pick US Mobile unlimited).

Now....

All Visible plans are QCI 9. This means that if you are on a crowded array, you will slow down a lot more than a Verizon customer who has Get More or something like that.

If you have a US Mobile Unlimited plan, your QCI 8 value will put you ahead of Visible, and on par with regular Verizon customers.

All this crap usually isn't going to matter one whit to most of us, and your text and voice is going to be on the main Verizon arrays whether you are on Visible or US Mobile. :-)

My main lines are Magenta Max, but I have two US Mobile lines. The only reason I went with US Mobile over Visible is the excellent customer service, and that the smaller company's owner is very visible and active in the community.

At your very low use of data, the only thing that's probably going to matter to you is the low monthly cost.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I will second the idea that US Mobile is a better overall experience. Their Customer Service is indeed very good, prompt and efficient. Better than most branded prepaid and MVNOs. Their app is really nice, if you care about that.
    I should have mentioned the US Mobile app. It is very simple, but easy and thorough.

About customer service, you're right about that, too. After a while, I decided to switch my two US Mobile lines to unlimited. Couldn't figure out how to do it.

First off, I was surprised that I was dealing with a human being instead of having to go through a chat bot.

But then, when he realised he was dealing with the archetypal dumb old man, he took over the entire process and got everything done, with one anniversary date so that the lines are charged at the same time.

Two lines unlimited is 30.00/ea and once you go to three lines they are 25.00/ea.

Feedback Score
    Quick question about USMobile (sorry that it isn't directly related to the topic of the thread) -

Is it possible to sign up with USMobile on one of their plans, and then, for subsequent months, just pay the $2 monthly line fee and be *without* a plan?

So kinda like just using the line to park a number?

Thanks!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Quick question about USMobile (sorry that it isn't directly related to the topic of the thread) -

Is it possible to sign up with USMobile on one of their plans, and then, for subsequent months, just pay the $2 monthly line fee and be *without* a plan?

So kinda like just using the line to park a number?

Thanks!
    https://www.usmobile.com/help/knowle...-stop-service/

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Thank you, TacoDan and pitflyer!

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a US Mobile account and when I go to review my account for that line there is a toggle to SNOOZE for me to select

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2