Thread: AT&T Motorola One 5G Ace Received Android 11 Update Today

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score

AT&T Motorola One 5G Ace Received Android 11 Update Today

I posted this in the Motorola Forum, but thought it might also be useful, here.

My AT&T Motorola One 5G Ace received the Android 11 update today. Many were wondering if it would ever happen, considering it was introduced with, and stuck on, Android 10 in 2021, well after Android 11 was introduced in 2020.

The Verizon UW version received Android 11 last year, but I don't believe any other versions did.

Please don't ask me if there are any glitches from the update. I don't use the phone much, and won't really be testing anything anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    I wish my phone would get the update. nothing yet.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    Is your phone AT&T-branded or factory unlocked? If AT&T-branded, did you put your phone on WiFi and go to Settings > System > System Update?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. I helped a friend get and set up an AT&T Prepaid Motorola One 5G Ace on RedPocket back in February. It was new and unlocked, but worked just fine for the past 2 months on Android 10, including having Wi-Fi calling. Last Thursday morning, the phone updated itself to Android 11 and lost the Wi-Fi calling ability. Under Android 10, under Network and Internet settings, there was an option to turn Wi-Fi calling off and on. After the update to Android 11, that option isn't there.

I called RedPocket and spent a couple of hours on the phone and on chat trying to get Wi-Fi calling to work again to no avail. They say they have elevated the issue and have queried AT&T about a fix. I'm not holding my breath

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    There are 2 spots on my phone to turn on WiFi Calling. One is an icon when dragging down from the top of the Home Screen. The other is from the settings of the dialer. Under the dialer's settings, in Call Settings, there is an on-off slider button.

That said, my WiFi Calling (on TracFone-AT&T) is also no longer working. I briefly get a spinning circle, then a message "Unable to activate, try again later". It seems like an issue that AT&T would have to address, but who knows if they will do it for a MVNO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    There are 2 spots on my phone to turn on WiFi Calling. One is an icon when dragging down from the top of the Home Screen. The other is from the settings of the dialer. Under the dialer's settings, in Call Settings, there is an on-off slider button.

That said, my WiFi Calling (on TracFone-AT&T) is also no longer working. I briefly get a spinning circle, then a message "Unable to activate, try again later". It seems like an issue that AT&T would have to address, but who knows if they will do it for a MVNO.
    Her 5G Ace accessed the Wi-Fi on/off slider the same way before the upgrade to Android 11. Cannot do it now. Talked to RedPocket yesterday for the third time. The "Tech" guy claimed they changed something new on their end and had me remove sim card for 3 minutes, reinsert and reboot phone. Didn't help. They went over all the same things (reboot, reset, APNs, etc...) they did the previous two times I talked with them. Didn't help. They did say that AT&T had responded that Wi-Fi calling should work on the phone. They said they were going back to AT&T for something? and needed 24-48 hrs for response and to call back with ticket number then .

After that inspiring session was completed without success, I discovered something I didn't know that may or may not be significant. I pulled the RedPocket sim card out and inserted the AT&T Prepaid sim card that came with the phone (never activated). When I rebooted, The wi-fi calling option was back in the settings. Unfortunately, when I switched back to the RedPocket sim card the wi-fi calling was gone from the settings. Did the Android 11 upgrade change something on the Red Pocket sim card? Will a new RedPocket sim card fix it? Is AT&T screwing with RedPocket? Will the next RedPocket Tech I talk to even know what wi-fi calling is? Only time will tell .