Thread: Best method to purchase texts on Tracfone

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Best method to purchase texts on Tracfone

Hello;
    In the past, I have purchased additional blocks of 1,000 texts from Tracfone online, and it usually took only a few minutes for the texts to show up on my account, but last time I did so, it took at least 24 hours for the new texts to show up on my account.
    I had a chat session with TF twice during that time (yes, I am impatient - I expect everything electronic to happen instantly!) In the end, I got 3,000 texts added to my account (1x purchase, and 2x from the 2 chat sessions).
    Now, I'm getting close to where I want to add another 2,000 texts, but not sure how to purchase them for the best (fastest) result. Should I DL the TF app on my phone and purchase through it, or just use the website again?
    If I do it now, I can wait a few days for the texts to appear on my account; last time I was completely out of texts, so I was very impatient.

Thanks for your help
    Ultrarunner

Feedback Score
    If I were sending that many texts, I'd buy the cheapest unlimited call-text plan and not worry about it anymore...but that's just me. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I think you just had the misfortune of buying when the system was messed up last time.
    I'd add 1000 texts for $5.00/500 points and add another if the first one goes through.
    Remember that if you checked your balances immediately before adding, your balances won't update to show the addition for 10-15 minutes.

But, depending on how often you have to buy airtime/texts, the $199.99 unlimited plan ($16.66/mo) might be the best deal for you.
    You can try sillyette's Tracfone rewards referral code RRJA-C67E at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App. It's a bottom tier referral though.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for you help guys;
    I don't usually use that many texts; the last time I purchased (1,000 for $5) was in October 2021. With the 'free' texts I received, I had 3,000 texts in my account. Now, i've got about 600 texts remaining. I don't use enough to warrant the unlimited plan, and I don't use many minutes or data. Last time my account was due to renew service, I purchased a 30 day plan, and added the 1yr service. In years past (I have been a TF customer for at least 10 years now) I purchased a new phone with a 1yr service + 1500 texts + 1500 minutes + 1500 MB for a grand total (with the phone) of around $120.

I have read some not so good things about the TF app, but that was a few years ago, so hopefully they have improved it since.
    I'll probably purchase the texts from the website, but install the app as well.
    taxmantoo; thanks for the rewards info. I'll sign up before I do anything else.

Edit: When I logged into my TF account, I realized that I am already a rewards member. I have only 430 points now, so not enough to purchase 1,000 texts. I guess that after this purchase of texts, I will have the 500 points I need to purchase them next time.
    Last edited by ultrarunner2015; 04-14-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just purchased 1,000 texts online. The new texts appeared in my account only a few minutes later, but I see that I didn't get any rewards points for this purchase, or perhaps it takes longer to update the rewards.

So far as my text usage; I only thought I would purchase 2,000 texts so that I wouldn't have to purchase again for a while. I sometimes forget to check my balance, and that is how I ran out of texts last year.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner2015 View Post
    Edit: When I logged into my TF account, I realized that I am already a rewards member. I have only 430 points now, so not enough to purchase 1,000 texts. I guess that after this purchase of texts, I will have the 500 points I need to purchase them next time.
    You can click on Earn Points and do some of those Social Networking, Poll activities to earn 50 points each. I don't think you get any points for purchasing cards.

Feedback Score
    You get one point per dollar for regular airtime cards, but I don't believe you get any rewards points for buying add-ons like 1000 texts or 365 days.
    Always play the memory game for ten points a month, and do social and polls, and those 430 points can quickly become 500. Last time my mom needed texts I was happy to see 500+ points in her rewards account.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I guess that rules out my earning major points: I don't do social media at all!
    I don't like doing surveys either. Oh well; it was worth mentioning anyway.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't do social networking either, but the task on TF doesn't require you to actually use FB or Twitter. I think the poll asks only one question. But it's your decision.