Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Connect Plans Starting 3/25

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyk88 View Post
    I am on Legacy Pay As You Go. I just noticed that T-Mobile has broken Connect plans into two sections.
    This popped up on Reddit, too...not sure if it got broken up as the $10 and $35 don't get the annual 500MB increase or someone was just sloppy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    If you run out of high speed data you could add a data pass or possibly change your monthly plan and start a fresh billing month.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    (if you get something cheaper, it would take effect next billing cycle)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...mment/ib60vzy/
    In theory, you could blow through the $35 12GB Connect plan, pay $5 to upgrade to the 10GB Simply Prepaid plan immediately, then set it to downgrade again on the next billing cycle
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...mment/i1o14dt/
    I buy a T-Mobile refill card on the Target website. If it’s a $50 card, I get charged exactly $50, no tax. I load it onto my T-Mobile account. When my service is up for renewal, they take $15 from my balance. The charge used to be $16.35 when I paid directly w my credit card.

Combining the above, would the following be the correct interpretation?

I am now on Legacy Pay As You Go with a $200 account balance.

On 7/4, I change to $5 Mobile Internet:
    $5 (no additional taxes/fees) is deducted from the account balance,
    a new monthly billing cycle starts, ending 8/3.

On 7/10, I change to $10 Connect by T-Mobile:
    the difference (not prorated? $10 charge minus credit for the remaining 25 days, 10 - 5/31*25, would be $5.97) of $5 is deducted from the account balance,
    a new monthly billing cycle starts, ending 8/9.

the difference, with no proration, of $5 is deducted from the account balance,
    no billing cycle change.

On 7/15, I change back to $5 Mobile Internet:
    on 8/10 8/4 (i.e., takes effect next billing cycle), $5 is deducted from the account balance.
    Last edited by andyk88; 06-24-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score

Combining the above, would the following be the correct interpretation?

I am now on Legacy Pay As You Go with a $200 account balance.

On 7/4, I change to $5 Mobile Internet:
    $5 (no additional taxes/fees) is deducted from the account balance,
    a new monthly billing cycle starts, ending 8/3.

On 7/10, I change to $10 Connect by T-Mobile:
    the difference (not prorated? $10 charge minus credit for the remaining 25 days, 10 - 5/31*25, would be $5.97) of $5 is deducted from the account balance,
    a new monthly billing cycle starts, ending 8/9.

On 7/15, I change back to $5 Mobile Internet:
    on 8/10 (i.e., takes effect next billing cycle), $5 is deducted from the account balance.
    The difference is not prorated, so in your example, on 7/10, you'd pay another $5 ($10 Connect minus the $5 you already spent on Mobile Internet) to go to $10 Connect for the rest of the cycle. It also doesn't start a new billing cycle—I think there's been rumblings that customer service might be able to change your billing date, but I haven't seen it and there's nothing automatic or online that would allow you to do that.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish as it looks like you'd be charged $10/month ($5 for Mobile Internet and then $5 to upgrade to Connect), which is the same as if you left it on $10 Connect. Furthermore, each time you change from Mobile Internet<->Connect/Simply Prepaid, the voicemail box is removed, so you'd have to hope it gets re-added and set up again.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, ecs0013, for the explanation.
    (The website tells me "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ecs0013 again.")

I just wanted to understand how it works exactly. I hope Mobile Internet works well, but if not, I may need to try Connect for its higher data priority. (And if Connect does not help anyway, switch back to Mobile Internet.)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/..._carriers_and/

It helps to know that there is no proration. This means I want the account balance to be evenly divisible by $5.
    (Because "if sufficient balance, services automatically renew at expiration. If balance is insufficient to renew all line on your account for 120 days, all lines will be suspended for 30 days. If you have an account balance, all lines will convert to Pay As You Go for 30 day increments with $3/mo . . .")

It's also good to know about the voicemail situation. Thanks again.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Thank you, ecs0013, for the explanation.
    (The website tells me "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ecs0013 again.")

I just wanted to understand how it works exactly. I hope Mobile Internet works well, but if not, I may need to try Connect for its higher data priority. (And if Connect does not help anyway, switch back to Mobile Internet.)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/..._carriers_and/

It helps to know that there is no proration. This means I want the account balance to be evenly divisible by $5.
    (Because "if sufficient balance, services automatically renew at expiration. If balance is insufficient to renew all line on your account for 120 days, all lines will be suspended for 30 days. If you have an account balance, all lines will convert to Pay As You Go for 30 day increments with $3/mo . . .")

It's also good to know about the voicemail situation. Thanks again.
    No worries - and thanks for the sentiment! I've seen some people do crazy schemes to try to save some money, so wanted to make sure you weren't going to be doing it regularly since it could potentially be a headache, but if you move back and forth to test, that should be fine.

And yeah, the lack of a divisible balance would eventually lead to converting to the $3/month paygo plan - I did that a few years ago just to see if it would work since it's technically not "offered" anymore. Calling in to 611 also still lets you move to it, although the reps will remind you it's not offered anymore (not that you're looking for that plan, but just covering all bases and options).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3