Thread: Apps - not working

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, Alcatel A205G, LG L125DL Classic Flip, Moto X4, Moto E5
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Red Pocket (AT&T), PagePlus (Verizon), Tello (Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Apps - not working

The Page Plus My Account app for Android has vanished from the Google Play store.
    The Apple iOS app is still in the App Store but does not function on iPad or on iPhone (doesn't accept valid user credentials).
    I chatted via Facebook message (https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPagePlusCellular) (could also chat via https://support.pagepluscellular.com/) to ask if PPC is abandoning the apps. After some non-value-added back & forth, the answer:
    • Yes. The Apps are no longer working. You just need to login using the website.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that info. I never tried the app when it first came out because there were allot of bad reviews so you're probably not missing anything. Likely with Verizon owning PP (TF) now it's days are numbered and it's not worth fixing any bugs the app may have had.

Feedback Score
    the app kept crashing on me on all my devices so I finally uninstalled it. I wonder why Page Plus is abandoning the app in this day and age?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    the app kept crashing on me on all my devices so I finally uninstalled it. I wonder why Page Plus is abandoning the app in this day and age?
    As I previously mentioned, likely with Verizon owning PP (TF) now PagePlus's days are numbered and it's not worth fixing any bugs the app may have had.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    ...with Verizon owning PP (TF) now PagePlus's days are numbered...
    I would be shocked if VZW killed any of their TF prepaid brands. They'll just use the same CSRs with slightly different scripts. The calls will be identified by brands as they come in.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I would be shocked if VZW killed any of their TF prepaid brands. They'll just use the same CSRs with slightly different scripts. The calls will be identified by brands as they come in.
    That's basically what they do now. I've been in chats with PagePlus and the CSR would say something like "Total Wireless yada yada yada." I'd say "We're talking about PagePlus". CSR would apologize.
    They may be assigned a specific brand on a specific day, or just take the next call and missed that it was coming in on the PP line after they had just been on a call/chat from one of the other brands.

If any of the brands get killed I'd say PP would be first (other then SimplMobile) since the majority are on the PayGo plan and there's no revenue there. The Tracfone brand already has basic plans similar to PP PayGo and there really isn't much difference between the various brands monthly plans. As mentioned, SimPleMobile is basically dead since it's only TMO, and TF, ST, Net10 will be killing their none-Vzw networks. Consolidating what's left into 1 or 2 brands ,makes more cost benefit sense for Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I think a lot of airtime expires & VZW will make there money there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezLouise View Post
    The Page Plus My Account app for Android has vanished from the Google Play store.
    The Apple iOS app is still in the App Store but does not function on iPad or on iPhone (doesn't accept valid user credentials).
    I chatted via Facebook message (https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPagePlusCellular) (could also chat via https://support.pagepluscellular.com/) to ask if PPC is abandoning the apps. After some non-value-added back & forth, the answer:
    • Yes. The Apps are no longer working. You just need to login using the website.
    Yes, I noticed this a few days ago. The PP app stopped working on my phone and is no longer available in the app (Play) store. I never used the app much, mostly using the web OLAM.

I was checking the app because PP totally screwed up my paygo renewal by converting my paygo $33 balance into a monthly $29.95 plan. They refuse to fix it. I have not contacted TF Miami Corp about it yet.

As others said, I can't imagine any reason why Verizon would want to continue the PP paygo plan that only gets them $2.50 a month - $30 a year. It's great for us, but doesn't make any business sense for Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score
    There's a PagePlus app?????
    If you think the pandemic is bad now, just wait. Doctors tell us the next variant plays the accordion.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Apparently, there WAS a PPC app.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    PPC is forever! HAHAHAHAHA!

If I had the chance to convert my PPC lines to TracFone-style, I would give that serious consideration. But, I'm good for now. You never know what these corporate monkeys consider important.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    There was. There is no more even if you already had it installed.