Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do I switch phones if Pageplus no longer offers chat support?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoguy2 View Post
    I have read this everywhere you posted this, and I posted to that thread as well. It doesn't work. I disable Enhanced Protection and there is no chat button. I've disabled it on every page. I can get to the automated chat window, request an agent, and that takes me right to the contact page with nothing but phone number. When is the last time you actually tried it?
    I tried it right before I last posted the process I use in the other thread today after I saw this whole chat being deactivated talk starting up again. I also did it using how you tried, by first going to the chat bot/chat with an agent process that takes you to the contact page with the phone numbers, and the chat box popped up there too.
    What browser are you using ? Is you internet using a VPN?

Feedback Score
    I already have a spare unused PP Sim kit on hand that breaks into any Sim size. So I can call from the line in question and just trust that it will work? Or do I need to figure out how to have another working phone on hand in case it goes wrong?
    Just ask them when you call from your current phone. Keep it simple and just tell them you got a new phone and sim and want to "transfer" your number and balance to it. They'll likely first text a code to your phone to read back to them to make sure it's you.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I tried it right before I last posted the process I use in the other thread today after I saw this whole chat being deactivated talk starting up again. I also did it using how you tried, by first going to the chat bot/chat with an agent process that takes you to the contact page with the phone numbers, and the chat box popped up there too.
    What browser are you using ? Is you internet using a VPN?
    The chat box pops up. That is not the problem. You never actually say you are able to make it through to an actual chat with a live agent. Could it be because it's after hours?
    Firefox/Mac, no VPN.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks , but we're drifting father away from my original question. Once they do whatever on their end... if it doesn't go right I'm without a phone until the next evening when I can try to call from work, no? This is what I'm trying to avoid.

Just ask them when you call from your current phone. Keep it simple and just tell them you got a new phone and sim and want to "transfer" your number and balance to it. They'll likely first text a code to your phone to read back to them to make sure it's you.

Feedback Score
    The chat box pops up. That is not the problem. You never actually say you are able to make it through to an actual chat with a live agent. Could it be because it's after hours?
    Firefox/Mac, no VPN.
    Yes, I actually chatted with a live agent. It's after hours now of course but earlier it was still open.
    Did you try the route I described in the other thread or just the one you tried before that starts out with the auto bot chat that takes you to the support page with the phone numbers?

Feedback Score
    Thanks , but we're drifting father away from my original question. Once they do whatever on their end... if it doesn't go right I'm without a phone until the next evening when I can try to call from work, no? This is what I'm trying to avoid.
    Ok, I got what you're saying. That's one reason I never gave up my landline and also have 2 cell phone's. When they do the transfer your current phone will go dead and you'll loss them. When you start up the new phone it should work. If not, restart it again. I've never in all my years with them had an issue when I did a transfer. But crap happens, there's always a first time.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I read all of your posts carefully and followed your instructions closely. There is no "chat button" that pops up.
    Making sure that enhanced tracking protection is off with every page load.

Yes, I actually chatted with a live agent. It's after hours now of course but earlier it was still open.
    Did you try the route I described in the other thread or just the one you tried before that starts out with the auto bot chat that takes you to the support page with the phone numbers?

Feedback Score
    Yes, I read all of your posts carefully and followed your instructions closely. There is no "chat button" that pops up.
    Making sure that enhanced tracking protection is off with every page load.
    Could be using a MAC. Have you ever had chat work before on it ?

it's way after hours now so not even the chat box will come up.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    No, there is no more live chat option. Try it.
    I have. It still works fine.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    The chat option has been discontinued-- there are other posts about this. Would love to just move the SIM but the new phone takes a smaller one and I'm not going to start trying to cut this one and risk ending up with no phone.
    Hence this question.
    Yes, there ARE other posts about this, and as far as I remember, they all have people saying that chat is still available and working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2