Thread: Why cant they just be straight ??

Feedback Score

Why cant they just be straight ??

I know this isnt just Verizon but anyway. I was in a local retailer and he informed me that Verizon would offer me a 700 dollar trade for one of my lines that was an xr. I could get a 13 for like 115 bucks. WOW! Right? NOOOT!! I would have had to change my plan slightly for 36 months which would cause a 10 dollar a month increase. Ok Im giving them an extra 360 bucks. Add in the 115 dollars and were are up to 475. Oh wait there is that xr. Its absolutely mint with 98 or 99% battery. Swappa shows those going for close to 300 bucks still. Hmmputs me up to 775 for that 13. U Verizon just be straight up no BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabeathouse View Post
    I know this isn’t just Verizon but anyway. I was in a local retailer and he informed me that Verizon would offer me a 700 dollar trade for one of my lines that was an xr. I could get a 13 for like 115 bucks. WOW! Right? NOOOT!! I would have had to change my plan slightly for 36 months which would cause a 10 dollar a month increase. Ok I’m giving them an extra 360 bucks. Add in the 115 dollars and were are up to 475. Oh wait there is that xr. It’s absolutely mint with 98 or 99% battery. Swappa shows those going for close to 300 bucks still. Hmm…puts me up to 775 for that 13. U Verizon just be straight up no BS.
    The simple answer is: Because it works to extract the maximum amount of money they can out of their customers.

Retail marketing strategy is what it it. It has always been so, and probably always will be. They are no better than used car salespersons.

Congratulations, you caught them at their game. You are an informed consumer. Enjoy the enlightenment.

TANSTAFL

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabeathouse View Post
    I know this isnt just Verizon but anyway. I was in a local retailer and he informed me that Verizon would offer me a 700 dollar trade for one of my lines that was an xr. I could get a 13 for like 115 bucks. WOW! Right? NOOOT!! I would have had to change my plan slightly for 36 months which would cause a 10 dollar a month increase. Ok Im giving them an extra 360 bucks. Add in the 115 dollars and were are up to 475. Oh wait there is that xr. Its absolutely mint with 98 or 99% battery. Swappa shows those going for close to 300 bucks still. Hmmputs me up to 775 for that 13. U Verizon just be straight up no BS.

What the Xr is going for and selling for on swappa are 2 different things. People can ask whatever they want for something, whether or not they actually get that is a different story. 64gb iPhone XRs on swappa are priced around $300 you are correct, but, they are selling for around $250. That brings your total to $725. Whether or not the deal is worth saving a little over $100 on an iPhone 13 (after taxes the iPhone 13 runs anywhere from $830-860 depending on local sales tax in your area) is entirely up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    What the Xr is going for and selling for on swappa are 2 different things. People can ask whatever they want for something, whether or not they actually get that is a different story. 64gb iPhone XRs on swappa are priced around $300 you are correct, but, they are selling for around $250. That brings your total to $725. Whether or not the deal is worth saving a little over $100 on an iPhone 13 (after taxes the iPhone 13 runs anywhere from $830-860 depending on local sales tax in your area) is entirely up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Not with the way they are doing it. Id just buy the phone unlocked from apple and avoid their stupid 35 dollar activation fee too.