Thread: Further confirmation that it depends entirely on the agent you chat with

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score

Further confirmation that it depends entirely on the agent you chat with

Have you seen the T-shirt on a child that says, "If Mommy says no, ask Grandma"? Well, the same applies to chat agents at PagePlus.

I had a Tracfone SIM card and an Alcatel MyFlip and after reading here that the SIM card should work with PagePlus, I popped it in and powered it up and attempted to activate. I got a message "Invalid SIM card" and was unable to make calls even after the number was supposedly activated and I had paid for a plan.

Long story short: I chatted with a couple different agents on different days who told me that the SIM card cannot be used in that phone, "Please turn off the phone, remove and replace the SIM card, power up and attempt to make a call" etc., etc., etc.

I still got the "Invalid SIM card" message. So I chatted again, this time giving lots of thank-yous and compliments to the agent. The only thing different that she suggested was to test the SIM card in another phone, which I did, proving that in fact the SIM card was fine. And I don't know what lever she pulled but when I put it back into my Alcatel MyFlip, miraculously I didn't get the error message and I was able to make calls.

The takeaway: Be very kind and complimentary to the agent, tell her how much you appreciate her help, and maybe she will be able to help you out when other agents just give you the runaround.
    If you think the pandemic is bad now, just wait. Doctors tell us the next variant plays the accordion.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I had my phone stop seeing my Sim card yesterday. "No SIM card." I tried reseating a bunch of times with no luck. My coworker rubbed the contacts on the SIM card and back in business now. I believe something similar happened in your case.