Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PPC PAYGO refill observations

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

PPC PAYGO refill observations

I did the refilling for my two PPC PAYGO (formerly "Standard Plan") lines just moments ago, applied on the PPC website.

I bought two $10 refill PINs from Pinzoo several weeks ago. Straight $20 credit card payment; no tax, no added fees (in Michigan), no discounts.

The adds were successful, as announced on the website, but as expected, only one of my lines got an affirmative SMS text to that effect (same one as always, now). I guess somehow one line got skipped somewhere along the way with being included in that process, and they don't appear to have any recurring process control to standardize what happens to any/all lines (such as a notification) when an action occurs.

Also, in the lead up to this refill day, for the first time I can remember (been with PPC since 2010), I received absolutely NO reminder texts for either line that the day was upcoming. Usually I would get one about seven days out, then another three days out.

Interestingly, when you click to indicate you want to refill a line, now, instead of presenting you with a selection of your existing lines and the "nicknames" of them that you choose between (a feature long available as a sort of shorthand index), you're presented with a blank entry field where you must manually enter the entire actual phone number of the line. I thought that was a pretty significant difference from how it's been for years.

Checked the balance tallies in "My Account" for both lines and all was kosher. Another 120 days bites the dust!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Interestingly, when you click to indicate you want to refill a line, now, instead of presenting you with a selection of your existing lines and the "nicknames" of them that you choose between (a feature long available as a sort of shorthand index), you're presented with a blank entry field where you must manually enter the entire actual phone number of the line. I thought that was a pretty significant difference from how it's been for years.
    That's always been the case for me even when selecting the phone from my account page. Always had to enter the phone number. But that's
    buying right on PP and not using pins.

As far as the reminder text notices, sometime I get them, some time not. Always get the one's when refill is applied.

Feedback Score
    If you had only one single phone line, then using the Page Plus Cellular site directly to buy your refill may be easier or simpler. That is, at least when buying the refill "as a guest".

I am not sure I understand the pins. I do not handle any store-bought cards with pins on them. Only give my payment details when the web page asks.

In case you have two separate phone line accounts with PPC, and use the PPC site to buy refills, maybe you might be able to buy refill for each one, separately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    If you had only one single phone line, then using the Page Plus Cellular site directly to buy your refill may be easier or simpler. That is, at least when buying the refill "as a guest".

I am not sure I understand the pins. I do not handle any store-bought cards with pins on them. Only give my payment details when the web page asks.

In case you have two separate phone line accounts with PPC, and use the PPC site to buy refills, maybe you might be able to buy refill for each one, separately.
    At one time I had 4 or 5 phones on PPC all in the same account. Always bought refills separately on the site right from my account but it asks what phone# it's for even if you click the refill button for a specific phone in the account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    At one time I had 4 or 5 phones on PPC all in the same account. Always bought refills separately on the site right from my account but it asks what phone# it's for even if you click the refill button for a specific phone in the account.
    To be more clear, is that for using one of those pay-your-bill websites for several possible carriers, or is that for paying for refills ON THE PPC website?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    To be more clear, is that for using one of those pay-your-bill websites for several possible carriers, or is that for paying for refills ON THE PPC website?
    On the PPC website. I've never used any of those other pay sites just to save a dollar or two every 120 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    On the PPC website. I've never used any of those other pay sites just to save a dollar or two every 120 days.
    Thanks. The PPC site is just fine for paying for refill, if have just one account, and I assume just as easy as you say if more than one account, 1 line per account. The pages for arranging the paying could deserve some redesign but they work well enough if you are observant and careful.

I just hope that Verizon does not eliminate the pay schemes and prices of Page Plus Cellular.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Liberty Wrls., T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Interestingly, when you click to indicate you want to refill a line, now, instead of presenting you with a selection of your existing lines and the "nicknames" of them that you choose between (a feature long available as a sort of shorthand index), you're presented with a blank entry field where you must manually enter the entire actual phone number of the line.
    If you select Refill on the red menu bar, without logging in to your account, you'll be presented with an empty field to enter the phone number you intend to refill. (Advantage: Saves time)

If you log in, though, you'll be presented with the choice to select a nickname or manually enter the phone number. (Advantage: Using the nickname prevents keying in an incorrect phone number.)

If purchasing from a third-party vendor, another possibility is to use their RTR--Real-time Refill (Calling Mart) / Refill my phone for me (PinZoo shopping cart) option and have them do the work. The shortcoming is that the PIN is applied right away, not deferred to a future day of your choosing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It was one of the points of my post that, being logged in and familiar with the routine, I was NOT being presented with the nicknames of my phone lines. Whether this was an anomaly or will repeat itself remains to be seen. I was just sharing that it happened this way, this time, and I wasn't expecting it.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    It was one of the points of my post that, being logged in and familiar with the routine, I was NOT being presented with the nicknames of my phone lines. Whether this was an anomaly or will repeat itself remains to be seen. I was just sharing that it happened this way, this time, and I wasn't expecting it.
    I had the same experience when I refilled my two lines (different accounts) on Feb. 9th.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    That's weird. I'm seeing this change now.
    Last week I refilled my PPC accounts and don't remember having to enter the phone number but to choose the nickname from the list as usual.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Depending on the timing, it might coincide with the fiddling they had to do on the website to get the "My Account/Login" button to reappear. Or maybe it just got lost in the shuffle. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other changes to the UI coming.

Feedback Score
    Been some weeks;
    Upon reading through posts #10 through #12, I feel glad to still not yet have an online account with PPC. I may soon find if anything changed for paying As Guest for a refill.

Feedback Score
    I haven't noticed any changes in the OLAM. I just did a $10 ($10.74) paygo refill with no problem ... today. It remains to be seen about tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.

While we are on the subject of PP paygo refills I have a horror story about that. I have mentioned it before, but I think it bears repeating.

In March I had a $33.xx balance on my PP paygo plan. I had set up Callingmart to do an automatic $10 refill at 120 days. Come the day of the refill, my PP plan was changed to a $29.95 monthly plan with my balance used to pay for it and the $10 deposit was sitting there unused.

I contacted PP and Callingmart. They both claim that it each others fault. PP would not revert my plan to paygo and reinstate my balance. The firstline PP CSR was completely useless. I asked for and spoke to a PP manager who was also useless. Contacting Callingmart was completely useless also. They claim that they have no way to change my plan and had just sent the $10.

Since then the March $10 deposit has disappeared.

The lesson of the story to me is to never have Callingmart or any of the others do a direct (RTR) deposit to a cell service. If something goes wrong they blame each other and you have no recourse. I am out $53 since I had to send another $10 to continue using PP. This is PP's last chance with me. They are a typical disorganized Tracfone CF. I will never use Callingmart again. It's not worth the risk.

Feedback Score
    Thanks bobdevnul, post #14, for the report about that Callingmart. Even if you repeated the report. Some of us know to be afraid of that system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast