Thread: Need iPhone with good volume

Feedback Score

Need iPhone with good volume

I have an old 6s (bought new and dearly loved) and a slightly newer 7. I've been using the 7 for the past two years because the battery on my 6s was not lasting as long as it had. Now it's my 7 that's giving me trouble. I can't turn the alarm up all the way and the same for the ringer. I am hard of hearing and need that alarm to be loud enough to wake me as it's always been up until now.

I'm willing to buy a new iPhone. However, I have certain needs. 1. That it has good volume for speaking and things like alarms. 2. That I can use a wired headset. 3. That it's reliable.

I've read the reviews of the 13 on Verizon and I haven't been impressed. I'm not concerned with 5G at this point. I don't want a really large phone as I like keeping in my pocket. Using a wired head set is essential as is the good volume. So, please can someone help me?

TIA

Feedback Score
    If the 7 was loud enough until recently, I'd go to the Apple Store or a repair shop and have the battery replaced for much less than the cost of a new phone. It should restore the functions to what they were when the phone was newer.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Samsung Galaxy S22, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Project Genesis (Dish), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Before considering other options, make sure your speakers are clear of clogged debris. With the holes being on the bottom, it tends to get clogged with lint and dirt easily. Clogged speakers openings can lower the volume that you hear out.

I use a small brush and sometimes compressed air to clear out the speaker holes and charging port on my devices.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    there is no point in changing the battery, buy a new one.

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro
    Last edited by salomon33; 02-01-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Feedback Score

hearing

You might want to go have your hearing checked before you invest in another phone. You might have had a drop in hearing. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I think you should have to check your phone with compressed air, so that if any dust has been placed over it. You need not buy another one.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    I too have cleaned my speakers and earpiece with an old toothbrush and a small amount of alcohol. Made a HUGE difference. And as far as changing out your battery, I would go for it. It’s not that hard to do. Watch a few YouTube videos on how to do it - no problem! I also have heard that there are apps that will increase the volume.