Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you see your balance in your online account?

Feedback Score

Can you see your balance in your online account?

I have to login through the shopping cart, as I describe in the linked thread.

I think this is because I haven't yet purchased any minutes through the website.

I also think I'm not getting full functionality of the website.

So, do other people see their phones' balances on the website?

"My Account Summary" says:

Welcome to your Page Plus Account
    We'll help you get started with your account. Your first step is to add a Page Plus phone to your account. Once added, you will be able to manage features online, refill minutes, and review activity on your account. Your account must have a balance of at least $0.15 in order to register. Follow the link below to get started now.

Get Started: Add a phone to your account

But my phone is in there, and I can see it on "Add/Remove/Edit Phone" page. I even removed it and added it again.

I can see the "Call Records", though they are a couple days out of date.

But I don't see my balance anywhere.

Feedback Score

Yes, I could text BAL to 7243, if I was with the phone...

In case you're wondering why I don't just text BAL to 7243, that's fine when I'm with the phone, but I'm not.

The phone is in a house being used as a WiFi hotspot for the thermostat. When I am going over there I turn up the temperature using my phone or PC so it's warm by the time I get there.

It's a great use for a Page Plus phone, because the data used each time I log in is only 2-3 KB.

$0.05 / MB = $0.00005 / KB.

It took some time to shut down all the things on the phone that use data -- uninstalled most apps, what was left I restricted from using background data, but you can't run a hotspot with data saver or battery saver running, so I've been monitoring it to make sure nothing on the phone eats up 200MB ($10) in 5 minutes.

Also, I don't know yet if the thermostat runs updates or otherwise communicates usage with home base.

So far, so good, but I'd like to monitor my balance a little more closely when I'm not there.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power (2020), Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus (Verizon), Tracfone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    So, do other people see their phones' balances on the website?
    Yes. See attached JPG

Name:  balance.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  15.1 KB

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I can see mine no problem.

Feedback Score
    I don't follow why your having issues. If you have an account just log into it from the PP home page using the MyAccount link on the upper right of the screen. After entering your user name and password sometime you need to hit the reload the reCaptcha and do that before the red log in button "at the bottom" lights up. Then hit that. The first page that comes up is your account summary which has tabs for each phone in the account and the balance for that phone as well as due date.
    There are links on the left of the screen for various other things including call records and add/delete/edit, etc. Call records can take up to 3 days to update but the balance is always up to date.
    Also, note you can't use your phone (PP legally} as a hotspot. If it's only alittle data they likely won't notice. The 2kb-3kb is normal occasionally even if you don't use any data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That's the way it works for me. I usually just hit my Enter key on my keyboard after the last character of my password, as I've found the Login button's function a little wonky at times.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. When next I do a refill I'll purchase it through the site, which I think will activate the website completely for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rut Dog View Post
    Thanks for the replies. When next I do a refill I'll purchase it through the site, which I think will activate the website completely for me.
    You said your original fill was when you first activated and was done with phone CS. My original purchase at activation was by phone CS too. I then went in and created an account. Never an issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    The 2kb-3kb is normal occasionally even if you don't use any data.
    You're right about that. Turns out the thermostat uses about 4-5MB per day, on the days I have accessed it remotely, which is every day I now have info for.

This is still fine, $0.20 to $0.25 every time I access it.

Meanwhile, at the house today I checked background data usage only to discover even more system apps using data in the background. Minimal, but still.

Android only allows you to restrict background data after the app has used data, which is very frustrating. I did some searching and found an open source non-root firewall / data manager called Net Guard. Apparently with it I can access every app preemptively, or even shut off all background data for good.

Feedback Score
    ...I did some searching and found an open source non-root firewall / data manager called Net Guard. Apparently with it I can access every app preemptively, or even shut off all background data for good.
    If you download it from GitHub it blocks ads by using a Hosts file.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Feedback Score
    You're right about that. Turns out the thermostat uses about 4-5MB per day, on the days I have accessed it remotely, which is every day I now have info for.

This is still fine, $0.20 to $0.25 every time I access it.

Meanwhile, at the house today I checked background data usage only to discover even more system apps using data in the background. Minimal, but still.

Android only allows you to restrict background data after the app has used data, which is very frustrating. I did some searching and found an open source non-root firewall / data manager called Net Guard. Apparently with it I can access every app preemptively, or even shut off all background data for good.
    Why don't you just turn data off unless you're using it ? That's the ticket if your on paygo.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    rpz1 - check out post #2 above. OP is using the PPC PAYGO phone in a house as a Hotspot to get a connected thermostat online. So, data always on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    rpz1 - check out post #2 above. OP is using the PPC PAYGO phone in a house as a Hotspot to get a connected thermostat online. So, data always on.
    That's right thanks. Brain fart this morning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    You said your original fill was when you first activated and was done with phone CS. My original purchase at activation was by phone CS too. I then went in and created an account. Never an issue.
    So today I tried to start from scratch by removing it from my account and then registering it using a new email address.

No change in the new account. Still can't see my balance in the app. It still tells me I need to add the phone. On the Add/Edit/Remove page, my phone is still there. And I can still see the Call Records.

Call Records interesting ... on Tuesday, before I turned off so many of the apps background data, it used a whopping 12.8 MB. Hey, that's $0.64!

Feedback Score
    I just discovered that even though my balance isn't listed on My Account Summary, it is listed on a page I can view if I click through a few pages to Apply Early Renewal.

From My Account click Early Renewal then a button in the lower right that says Apply Early Renewal.

On that page it tells me I don't have enough for a renewal, and it shows me my Balance along with other info.

I've deleted the personal info, but it's all there, including my balance and expiration date.

Name:  DJCHXik.png
Views: 74
Size:  11.9 KB

I can see it here, but I can't see it on My Account Summary, because it says I need to add a device.
    Name:  4fY9FV2.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  26.0 KB

But when I click to Add A Devices, it hows my device is already there.

Name:  YdURHrv.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  23.2 KB

I'm very happy to have this workaround, being able to click through Apply Early Renewal to get my balance.
    Last edited by Rut Dog; 01-25-2022 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Clarification

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast