Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unlock ATT Prepaid phone

Feedback Score

Unlock ATT Prepaid phone

Any chance ATT will unlock a prepaid phone that was only used with TF ATT BYOP sim?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBren View Post
    Any chance ATT will unlock a prepaid phone that was only used with TF ATT BYOP sim?
    They used to a few years ago with nothing ever paid for AT&T service. I don't know if they do anymore.

It appears that the new rule is that it has to be used on AT&T Prepaid service for six months before they will unlock.

I had one a few years ago that AT&T would not unlock. I paid someone on eBay about $2 for the unlock code.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    You can always try the unlock portal.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

Feedback Score
    go here - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/
    to unlock your phone.

Feedback Score
    I guess I will try the unlock portal and see how that goes. If ATT won't unlock it, I can search ebay. What is the timeline for the unlock? Do you get a code quickly or is there a wait period?
    Sorry, never unlocked a phone 😏.

Feedback Score
    I guess I will try the unlock portal and see how that goes. If ATT won't unlock it, I can search ebay. What is the timeline for the unlock? Do you get a code quickly or is there a wait period?
    Sorry, never unlocked a phone 😏.
    When I did it a few years ago it took a day or two - business days, not weekends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    When I did it a few years ago it took a day or two - business days, not weekends.
    I used the ATT unlock portal, received a code via email as I don't have an account with them and the phone isn't currently active. When I clicked the link to confirm all that I saw on the page was "system error"? I suspect a problem.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

suggestion

Try logging into the device unlock page as a "not a current user" instead. That may work after the error you got. The internet site might have assumed you were a post-paid user and not prepaid. Hope that helps. The rules are different for the type of account that you are using.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Try logging into the device unlock page as a "not a current user" instead. That may work after the error you got. The internet site might have assumed you were a post-paid user and not prepaid. Hope that helps. The rules are different for the type of account that you are using.
    That is what I did when I requested the unlock or is there something I'm missing? I just checked the status of the unlock with the request number( if that's what it's called) and it returned pending. If I click the link to confirm, I now get a message that I didn't confirm within 24 hrs and to resubmit another request. When I try to do that I get a message saying I already have a pending request. No clue what this mess is about.

Feedback Score
    I used the ATT unlock portal, received a code via email as I don't have an account with them and the phone isn't currently active. When I clicked the link to confirm all that I saw on the page was "system error"? I suspect a problem.
    What code did you receive?

The unlock codes that I received were 16 numeric digits. To perform the unlock you put a SIM in the phone that is not AT&T or their MVNOs. That will trigger the unlock dialog on the phone where you enter the unlock code numbers.

You can get a non-AT&T SIM in a $1 Tracfone activation kit. Use the Verizon one. All you are using the SIM for it to trigger the unlock dialog. Remove it after the unlock is done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    What code did you receive?

The unlock codes that I received were 16 numeric digits. To perform the unlock you put a SIM in the phone that is not AT&T or their MVNOs. That will trigger the unlock dialog on the phone where you enter the unlock code numbers.

You can get a non-AT&T SIM in a $1 Tracfone activation kit. Use the Verizon one. All you are using the SIM for it to trigger the unlock dialog. Remove it after the unlock is done.
    Sorry, I received a number for tracking the unlock request. It wasn't the actual unlock code. My bad 😔.

Feedback Score
    I just checked the status of my unlock request and it's pending. I wonder if it takes longer with non ATT customers?

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I received a number for tracking the unlock request. It wasn't the actual unlock code. My bad ��.
    What? AT&T doesn't mail the unlock codes. They're sent by email.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What? AT&T doesn't mail the unlock codes. They're sent by email.
    I know, but they emailed a confirmation link to be used within 24 hours, when I confirmed using the link the ATT web page it sent me to said "unlock" but I wasn't able to access anything. They never actually gave me the unlock code.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    From my experience working for At&t, the unlock code was always sent via email along with instructions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast