Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Text FOUR to 611611

Feedback Score

Text FOUR to 611611

I have noticed something recently. If I text FOUR to 611611 on a recently activated phone running Android 11, nothing is ever returned. It happens on two recently activated Android 11 phones, one using T-Mobile and one using Verizon. Anyone else seen this?

Edit:I should have mentioned that the 2 that don't work were Transfer activations from AT&T. I have 1 phone with 11 that transferred from Verizon, it works.
    Last edited by cv91913; 01-14-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, iPhone 6S, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I just tried it on a recently new line activated TF branded A51 w/Android 11 and I get this back:

Name:  Screenshot_20220114-125233_Messages.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  12.0 KB

It's the IMEI.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  9.9 KB

Same story on TF branded Samsung A20.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    On my TF-branded Moto G Stylus (Android 11) activated as new line on 11/26, texting FOUR returns its IMEI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    On my TF-branded Moto G Stylus (Android 11) activated as new line on 11/26, texting FOUR returns its IMEI.
    Mine were both Transfer activations??

Feedback Score
    And on any of my phones I never got the four numbers that match either the imei or sim, or any phone I've ever had in my life.

Feedback Score
    My new "hobby" is figuring out this mysterious entity called Tracfone, so of course I had to see what happens with me.

Transferred TF-AT&T to TF-branded Moto E some days ago. So TF-Verizon now.
    Texted FOUR. No reply.
    Android 10.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, iPhone 6S, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    My new "hobby" is figuring out this mysterious entity called Tracfone, so of course I had to see what happens with me.

Transferred TF-AT&T to TF-branded Moto E some days ago. So TF-Verizon now.
    Texted FOUR. No reply.
    Android 10.
    By an chance do you have working Wi-Fi calling?

I don't know it that's accurate
    https://support.tracfone.com/tutoria...oto-e-xt2052dl

Feedback Score
    Regarding FOUR, just one of the things that Verizon needs to get working right. One of my phones gets something unrecognizable. It has already caused problems on a chat session.

Tracfone never seemed to apply its "improvements" retroactively. Too lazy probably.

Feedback Score
    I am beginning to think that many of the issues being discussed in various threads are the result of the TF IT infrastructure being totally unprepared for the huge volume of transfers that the AT&T fiasco has caused. I am unsure that the Verizon side was prepared as well. I am guessing that there have been thousands of AT&T to Verizon transfers in the last couple of months. Personally I manage 3 phones that were on AT&T that I have transferred. 1 to T-Mobile and 2 to Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Regarding FOUR, just one of the things that Verizon needs to get working right. One of my phones gets something unrecognizable. It has already caused problems on a chat session.

Tracfone never seemed to apply its "improvements" retroactively. Too lazy probably.
    Not just Verizon, one of the phones that doesn't work is now T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Not just Verizon, one of the phones that doesn't work is now T-Mobile.
    Actually, I meant Verizon as the overlord. I should have been more clear about that.

Feedback Score
    I am beginning to think that many of the issues being discussed in various threads are the result of the TF IT infrastructure being totally unprepared for the huge volume of transfers that the AT&T fiasco has caused. I am unsure that the Verizon side was prepared as well. I am guessing that there have been thousands of AT&T to Verizon transfers in the last couple of months. Personally I manage 3 phones that were on AT&T that I have transferred. 1 to T-Mobile and 2 to Verizon.
    TF couldn't even manage "simple" things.

I agree that this is an epic situation. TF should have at least gotten some competent help, but probably didn't care at this point in their life. They didn't much care about stuff in general.

Verizon claimed to have the acquisition figured out. I'm sure they were aware of the AT&T thing. But Verizon doesn't have a good reputation for CS either. But they are juggling three networks at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    By an chance do you have working Wi-Fi calling?

I don't know it that's accurate
    https://support.tracfone.com/tutoria...oto-e-xt2052dl
    I haven't checked if I have wi-fi calling.
    I don't really need wi-fi calling, and after seeing the long threads about wi-fi calling being messed up on most Tracfone phones, I don't have the guts to even venture in that direction. I'm going to bury my head in the sand and hope that I won't ever need to make a wi-fi call!

Feedback Score
    Well, I got one of the best Tracfone Alex PM's ever. In response to this thread that texting Four to 611611 doesn't work he told me that "if the phone is BYOP the serial number will be the last 15 of the sim" which we know is not always the case. And, he told me to text FOUR to 611611. You can't make this stuff up.

Feedback Score
    Well, I got one of the best Tracfone Alex PM's ever. In response to this thread that texting Four to 611611 doesn't work he told me that "if the phone is BYOP the serial number will be the last 15 of the sim" which we know is not always the case. And, he told me to text FOUR to 611611. You can't make this stuff up.
    Alex should have said it is the "last 4" and not "last 15" of the sim - and that would still have been incorrect!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast