Thread: Can I add paygo credit for data to the $12 plan?

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score

Can I add paygo credit for data to the $12 plan?

I attempted a chat with customer service but got the "excessive call volume" reply so I'll ask here. I'm on the $12 plan and I've run out of my whopping 100 MB of data for the month. This is the first time this has happened so I thought I could just add a data card but when I selected the $5/1GB card I get the message: The Page Plus phone number entered does not have an eligible plan for the Data Addon. The $29.95 and $39.95 monthly plans are eligible for the Data Addon.

OK, I only have a couple days left so I'll just use the early renewal option. Ooops. That is also not available. The message I get is: This device is not eligible for Early Renewal (insufficient funds).
    Please go here to add more airtime.
    That doesn't really make sense to me. Maybe I need $12 in my cash balance for early renewal.

So my question is, can I simply buy a $10 paygo PIN as a cash balance and get another 200 MB (at 5˘/MB) of data for my 12 plan? Will it carry over following my auto-renewal?

I thought I'd ask here before I invest ten bucks. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    If you think the pandemic is bad now, just wait. Doctors tell us the next variant plays the accordion.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you can add $10 pay-as-you-go to your $12 plan for an additional 100MB at 10˘/MB of data. Voice will be 5˘ a minute and 5˘ per Text or MMS if you use up you monthly allotment. Pay-as-you-go will have its own expiration date. When you do a balance check it will show you both plans. All this info is listed here https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/the-12/

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the confirmation. What am I missing? I thought data was 5˘/MB on paygo.
    Name:  ten dollar PIN.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  70.3 KB

Feedback Score
    When you select a monthly plan your cash balance is no longer a PayGo plan, it's a cash balance. It's used to renew your monthly plan if there's enough cash there, or for add-on's if the plan allows, or overages. Bobsled7's link above shows the rates for overages related to your plan. It's 10c mb. There's no need to carryover because you're buying it out of your cash balance as you use it. You're not buying a set amount of data. Note that as a cash balance and not a PayGo plan, that balance is good for I believe 90 days, not 120.
    Also keep in mind if you have $12 in your cash balance when it comes time for your renewal it will take it from there and not your auto-pay.
    FYI, If you ever want to go back to PayGo from a monthly plan you need to contact PP and have it changed. It's not automatic.

It's correct the $12 plan doesn't allow add -on data like you tried. It states that at the add-on data.
    Since you have auto renewal that's likely why you couldn't do early renewal unless you had more then $12 in your cash balance.
    I'm curious if that was the case and it used your cash balance to renew early if it still would have auto renewed at the normal time, or pushed it out a month.

Edited a couple times so re-read.
    Last edited by rpz1; 12-30-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't familiar with how it works and never bothered to read the details. Normally I'm around wifi all the time and that 100MB of data is plenty. But I'm travelling and depleted it along with the small cash balance I had. The $10 now in my cash balance is enough to last until I return home. But now I know the details in case it happens again so thanks again.