Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unusual PPC website observation

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    If I go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/activate/ I see a "CHAT NOW" button in the lower right corner of the screen. If I click the "CHAT NOW" button, a chat screen opens.

If it doesn't work on a computer, try it on a phone.

Chat hours are 8:45 AM - 11:45 PM (EST) 7 days a week, the last I knew.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If I go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/activate/ I see a "CHAT NOW" button in the lower right corner of the screen. If I click the "CHAT NOW" button, a chat screen opens.

Yup, that's what I do. On my computer worked fine this morning. I think likely chat was just closed for the day when others tried.

Feedback Score
    Just tried chat again on a different computer. Works fine.
    Just wish they'd fix the missing MyAccount link.

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 7/6a, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace, iPhone SE3
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    When I tried, it was Tuesday around 1:30 PM EST. A chat window opened, but when I typed something, it would just give FAQ links to what it thought I was asking about. When I requested an agent, it just gave me the phone number.

Feedback Score
    A question which naturally springs from this discussion is, what is chat really like on the companie's sides? Like fill in all the general details. How many chat agents are present, where are they, does each agent handle 1 customer or person at a time, or are they handling more than one person at a time, what does the equipment and software look like for any one chat agent, and what kind of skills and training and knowledge do the (many) chat agents have? Do these Tracfone or PPC chat agents get confused among all the different Tracfone companies?

Maybe this should be a SEPARATE topic.

Feedback Score
    Remember the subtopic in here about why no log-in link on the main or several of the site's pages?

Here is another way to reach the log-in link:
    1. Any page or the site's main page, click on "Refill".
    2. Click on Auto-Refill.
    3. See the part "Current customers can enroll through My Account", and the "Start Saving" button;
    4. Click on the Start Saving button.
    5. You should now be on the log-in page, pagepluscellular.com/login

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    A question which naturally springs from this discussion is, what is chat really like on the companie's sides? Like fill in all the general details. How many chat agents are present, where are they, does each agent handle 1 customer or person at a time, or are they handling more than one person at a time, what does the equipment and software look like for any one chat agent, and what kind of skills and training and knowledge do the (many) chat agents have? Do these Tracfone or PPC chat agents get confused among all the different Tracfone companies?

Maybe this should be a SEPARATE topic.
    In general, basically not allot different then call centers right here in the USA for many companies. As a level 1 CSR, all in one big room on a long table with dividers if that. Some may work from home.
    They handle more then one customer with multiple chat windows. More experience, more chats. The name on the screen is not their real name.
    The only training at level 1 is how to use a computer to look up what they're allowed to. A book or on screen flip cards where they look up the closet topic to what your asking and read off what it says. And flip around to different predetermined answers based on what you ask. Once they get more experienced they know some of it from memory, but if they deviate from the flip card script or scope they'll get reprimanded. They're being monitored by their supervisor. They can't tell you something unless it's written down somewhere in the script even if they have a better solution.
    All the above is just like most call centers right here in the USA. Stick to the script. As they get experienced and promoted to a higher level they're allowed more flexibility and have more tools.
    They could be assigned any of the TF companies on a particular day or which ever random brand the chat's coming from. I had one accidentally mention TotalWireless and had to correct them I was talking about PagePlus. They said sorry. So they can get confused if they're chatting with a person using TotalWireless while also chatting with someone on say PagePlus and can give a wrong answer. But other then plan differences the answers are all basically the same regardless of the brand.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    One thing has been certain about off-shore support from (at the very least) the TF companies: Where they're located (the rep's home country) they do not have service companies like the MVNOs we have here in the US. The service companies (that provide the local citizens mobile phone service) probably don't come close to doing business as it faces the public or behind the scenes the way it is done here. This is part of the reason support from those places often sounds bewildered and has to rely so much on their scripts or on-screen flip-cards, etc.. Combine that with the fact that the job is entry-level and probably has a high turnover, and you have a work force that has little experience and few people with much familiarity with what goes on with this stuff in the US. Then you have the panicked ugly American calling up, looking for a tech fix, and tossing them all kinds of theories and expressions to help inform them, even telling them they're lying at times. A very difficult situation a high percentage of the time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    One thing has been certain about off-shore support from (at the very least) the TF companies: Where they're located (the rep's home country) they do not have service companies like the MVNOs we have here in the US. The service companies (that provide the local citizens mobile phone service) probably don't come close to doing business as it faces the public or behind the scenes the way it is done here. This is part of the reason support from those places often sounds bewildered and has to rely so much on their scripts or on-screen flip-cards, etc.. Combine that with the fact that the job is entry-level and probably has a high turnover, and you have a work force that has little experience and few people with much familiarity with what goes on with this stuff in the US. Then you have the panicked ugly American calling up, looking for a tech fix, and tossing them all kinds of theories and expressions to help inform them, even telling them they're lying at times. A very difficult situation a high percentage of the time.
    Very good additional points.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    What time did you try (EST) ? Typing AGENT worked fine for me a little over a week ago when this thread started, unless they changed it since then.
    I'll try when they're back open tomorrow.
    I typically call PPC support (or try to chat which is just not possible with a human in my experience over 2021 upto the present) after 8 pm EST.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Thank you. I tried the link and I don't have this "CHAT NOW" on my screen <anywhere! not just in the lower right corner>.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    When I tried, it was Tuesday around 1:30 PM EST. A chat window opened, but when I typed something, it would just give FAQ links to what it thought I was asking about. When I requested an agent, it just gave me the phone number.
    THIS has been exactly my experience. Phone OR BUST!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    US Mobile, with a great many price choices, offers service on their Super LTE Network (which is through Verizon network) or their GSM LTE Network ( which is through T-Mobile network). You would maybe want the Super LTE if you've been using Page Plus Cellular for their Verizon network.

https://www.usmobile.com/networks
    Thanks man! I'll be sure to check out their Super LTE Network. Yeah, PPC being a Verizon MVNO was the #1 reason I chose PPC in 2013. It was so great back then. Ever since that Mexican telecom company acquired them it's gone downhill (and accelerating!!!!).

Don't get me wrong - I'm satisfied with the technical quality of my coverage. But the customer service is just the PITS. I mean, with that $10-to-$12 misloading of my Pay-As-You-Go plan, EVERY agent/manager just went "Oh, you ALREADY activated the pin so there is NOTHING we can do" ... Excuse me?!! You messed up! NOW FIX IT!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reedandbamboo View Post
    I typically call PPC support (or try to chat which is just not possible with a human in my experience over 2021 upto the present) after 8 pm EST.
    On some browsers you need to turn Tracking Protection off for the site. That's on Firefox. May be called something different in other browsers. I've run into other company websites where I had to do that to get a real chat screen.
    I think chat has different hours but don't recall.

Feedback Score
    This may be something worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    On some browsers you need to turn Tracking Protection off for the site. That's on Firefox. May be called something different in other browsers. I've run into other company websites where I had to do that to get a real chat screen.
    I think chat has different hours but don't recall.
    Controlling the Tracking Protection setting may be something worth trying. Some possibly interesting but brief discussion is also found here:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/an...form%3DDesktop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast