Thread: change to monthly plans ?

Feedback Score

change to monthly plans ?

Hi,
    I am using an iphone 4s (3G) on PP and want to switch to iphone SE 1st gen (4G ). I am currently paying a basic Pay-As-You-Go Plan.
    Will I have to change to monthly plans if I switch phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris C. View Post
    Hi,
    I am using an iphone 4s (3G) on PP and want to switch to iphone SE 1st gen (4G ). I am currently paying a basic Pay-As-You-Go Plan.
    Will I have to change to ‘monthly’ plans if I switch phones?
    No. PayGo works fine on any phone. There's just a different tab to select the 4G PayGo vs the 3G PayGo when you replenish. If when you activate you do a "transfer" to the new phone from your old, your balance and number will follow along.
    Your lucky you kept the 4s active since they stopped activating 3G's years ago. Just understand once you transfer to the SE, the 4s will never be able to be reactivated again.

Feedback Score
    Thanks rpz1,
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    If when you activate you do a "transfer" to the new phone from your old,
    Can I do the 'transfer' on the PP website? chat? . . . . or do I have to call on the . . . . phone? . . I have a serious problem understanding people with a foreign accent.

Feedback Score
    Thanks rpz1,

Can I do the 'transfer' on the PP website? chat? . . . . or do I have to call on the . . . . phone? . . I have a serious problem understanding people with a foreign accent.
    It's recommended to use chat. You can make sure you enter your old and new phone/sim info correctly and confirm your balance with the Rep.. then save a copy of the transcript. Also, I'd wait till after the weekend so you know you have a better Rep. I never call for your same reason (the accent) and they can screw up what you tell them. I also never did it on the website which I think you can do, but you don't get the transcript and can hang in chat till you know all is good.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again rpz1. I'll check it out this week and report back.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    You will need a Tracfone branded [Verizon] SIM card to active the SE on Page Plus, since your 4S only uses the SIM for GSM (AT&T/T-Mobile).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for replies.
    I had an old PP sim card laying around (that I bought a long time ago but never used) and stuck it in the SE. I had never put a SIM card in the 4s; it worked without one . . anyway, the transition via chat went smoother than I had expected, and the phone works fine.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for replies.
    I had an old PP sim card laying around (that I bought a long time ago but never used) and stuck it in the SE. I had never put a SIM card in the 4s; it worked without one . . anyway, the transition via chat went smoother than I had expected, and the phone works fine.
    Excellent. Glad you posted back with your outcome. Did you use chat and number and balance I assume transferred ok? VoLTE working ?
    I know you already had a sim but FYI, in the future you can use a TF/vzw BYOP sim from any local store. You don't need to order and wait for a sim from PP.

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score
    And by the way Iris, you'll love that old SE 2016. I've had a series or Androids but I'll take this SE over any of them. It is the perfect size and weight even with a Mophie Juice Pack. I don't use it to watch videos or for anything that requires a larger screen.
    If you think the pandemic is bad now, just wait. Doctors tell us the next variant plays the accordion.