Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: More lies.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hiroshima
    Posts
    3,064
    Device(s)
    iPhone - yeah, I finally got one
    Carrier(s)
    Softbank
    Feedback Score
    0

    More lies.....

    Sorry for making a new thread... I should've tacked this onto one of the existing 17 million threads.

    My account -- wife's phone on 25GB winback. My line, on Telus, I'm porting to Rogers. I call in and ask what my options are and I am told I can add a line for $35 which will share the data on the other line (note MyRogers says "shareable 25GB").

    So yesterday, I set it all up and today I went to the store and paid $10 for an eSIM. Got it all up and running and was stoked that everything seemed working. Telus on physical sim and Rogers on eSIM. I was going to call from the eSIM and complete my port.

    I walk outside and no data. Ok... maybe there's an issue. Log into myrogers, "talk and text plan"... cool, but the other is shareable.... nope.. apparently it won't work like that and I need to have the $45 plan which has some small amount of data and then I can share.....

    Ok, please cancel the line. I don't want to pay a dime. "Sorry sir, it doesn't work like that".

    OK, can I get a refund for the eSIM: "sorry sir, it doesn't work like that".

    Lol, should've known. Robbers has been Robbers for decades. What a waste of my time. Reps can literally say anything they want since there's no ****ing consequences.


    Literally nothing ****ing changes with this company. I guess I'll hit up RFD and see what scams I can pull to get even.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hiroshima
    Posts
    3,064
    Device(s)
    iPhone - yeah, I finally got one
    Carrier(s)
    Softbank
    Feedback Score
    0
    oh... and I have the transcripts so there's no "your side of the argument" stuff.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well they're usually pretty good about this, try again I'm sure they can switch your plan to whatever suits you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,378
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have the transcripts, I would file a complaint with CCTS. You'll get contacted by someone competent who will actually try to help you.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21,054
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just curious, what is CCTS ??
    Just another day in paradise.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    390
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Just curious, what is CCTS ??
    Commission for Complaints for Telecom‑television. For us Canadians, it's an agency which assists with companies in matters such as what the OP is complaining about. From Wiki:

    "The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services is Canada's national, independent, industry-funded organization created to resolve complaints from consumers and small business retail telecom customers about telecommunications and television services fairly and free of charge."

    Unlike the USA, Canada has "zero" competition! Always has been a oligopoly with Telus, Bell, Rogers, their sub-brands and MVNO's which all trickle the profit up the hierarchy. A poor system and the CRTC was, and still is useless hence the CCTS which seem to advocate a little better for consumers. Although CRTC still governs and has say with any major telecom developments, they should have been disbanded many moons ago and the wireless market opened to, well... free enterprise and true competition. Unfortunately, it will not happen and the Big-3 will continue their cash cow monopolies. Case in point was the statement made with the whole Rogers fiasco and it's board. The news outlets even posted these industries are a "license to print money" and some comments made within the Rogers family resulted in the same outlets reporting - not verbatim "these families probably divulged more about their wealth than they wanted the public to know".

    IMO, two bold statements which shows how these Big-3 have been making oodles of profit above what they really should be; hence why Canadians pay the highest wireless rates in the world.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    390
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevbodian View Post
    Sorry for making a new thread... I should've tacked this onto one of the existing 17 million threads.

    My account -- wife's phone on 25GB winback. My line, on Telus, I'm porting to Rogers. I call in and ask what my options are and I am told I can add a line for $35 which will share the data on the other line (note MyRogers says "shareable 25GB").

    So yesterday, I set it all up and today I went to the store and paid $10 for an eSIM. Got it all up and running and was stoked that everything seemed working. Telus on physical sim and Rogers on eSIM. I was going to call from the eSIM and complete my port.

    I walk outside and no data. Ok... maybe there's an issue. Log into myrogers, "talk and text plan"... cool, but the other is shareable.... nope.. apparently it won't work like that and I need to have the $45 plan which has some small amount of data and then I can share.....

    Ok, please cancel the line. I don't want to pay a dime. "Sorry sir, it doesn't work like that".

    OK, can I get a refund for the eSIM: "sorry sir, it doesn't work like that".

    Lol, should've known. Robbers has been Robbers for decades. What a waste of my time. Reps can literally say anything they want since there's no ****ing consequences.


    Literally nothing ****ing changes with this company. I guess I'll hit up RFD and see what scams I can pull to get even.
    As frustrating as the issue is, your last sentence about hitting up RFD to see "what scams" you can pull is petty and would make one wonder how your interactions went with Rogers. You get more bees with honey, than vinegar; and unaware of how you conduct yourself in-person or over the phone, if done so with lack of professionalism, out of frustration and with statements like above, the reps will probably tune you out and simply not assist.

    Not aware of the full situation, I still side with you as you're correct! There's no culpability nowadays with these telecom companies and unfortunately, customer service has gone to crap as a whole for every industry! That said, as @sheytoon mentioned, your best option is to invest a bit of time and lodge a complaint with the CCTS for resolution. If you have a strong case, which you do and have the supporting documentation to back it, you'll have no issues with a resolution to your favor.

    If you don't wish to spend the time out of principle, your other option is to vote with your wallet, port over to another company and say good riddance to Rogers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hiroshima
    Posts
    3,064
    Device(s)
    iPhone - yeah, I finally got one
    Carrier(s)
    Softbank
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post
    As frustrating as the issue is, your last sentence about hitting up RFD to see "what scams" you can pull is petty and would make one wonder how your interactions went with Rogers. You get more bees with honey, than vinegar; and unaware of how you conduct yourself in-person or over the phone, if done so with lack of professionalism, out of frustration and with statements like above, the reps will probably tune you out and simply not assist.

    Not aware of the full situation, I still side with you as you're correct! There's no culpability nowadays with these telecom companies and unfortunately, customer service has gone to crap as a whole for every industry! That said, as @sheytoon mentioned, your best option is to invest a bit of time and lodge a complaint with the CCTS for resolution. If you have a strong case, which you do and have the supporting documentation to back it, you'll have no issues with a resolution to your favor.

    If you don't wish to spend the time out of principle, your other option is to vote with your wallet, port over to another company and say good riddance to Rogers.
    Petty... lol... as if the individual consumer can come off as petty vs the nickle and dime half-century corporate dinosaurs that are our telecom providers.

    Just logged into MyRogers after cancelling the line a few days ago. Yay, $2.66 in pro-rated fees for the plan which never was and a $50 activation fee.

    Anyways, I'll donate an hour of my time chatting with them tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post
    As frustrating as the issue is, your last sentence about hitting up RFD to see "what scams" you can pull is petty and would make one wonder how your interactions went with Rogers
    Lol I can't believe you went there, to be honest. What part of jumping ship every 24 months do you enjoy so much? At least RFD lets you see the best deals in one place to help make the 24 month switchover less painful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hiroshima
    Posts
    3,064
    Device(s)
    iPhone - yeah, I finally got one
    Carrier(s)
    Softbank
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytoon View Post
    If you have the transcripts, I would file a complaint with CCTS. You'll get contacted by someone competent who will actually try to help you.
    Thanks... I'll look into this if they don't let me cancel all the fees. They want $56 for an activation fee and a prorated plan price despite not giving what they said they would.

    I did something like this before for an issue with BC Hydro -- they were arguably worse but once the Ombudsman got involved they quickly saw my side of the issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 07:04 PM
  2. lies lies and more lies
    By Garfbag in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 11:44 AM
  3. More lies and deceit courtesy of "Customer Service"
    By AntiGravityHero in forum Sprint
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:48 AM
  4. See more lies
    By techie02 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 12:14 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks