Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: am I allowed to move Tracfone/Verizon SIM card from one unlocked iPhone to another unlocked iPhone?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    405
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The Tracfone e-Bay store shouldn`t still be selling the airtime bundled AT&T and T-Mobile BYOP SIMs if Verizon will not allow their use.
    they probably have to find a way to clear out the inventory?

    like back when Costco switched from Bridgestone tires to Michelin tires... Michelin agreed to take care of the remaining Bridgestone inventory, but some Costcos warehouses ended up giving away the left over Bridgestone tires for FREE! I got lucky and got two sets of 18-inch tires from my car and SUV. They only charged me the tax. IIRC, those two sets of tires were at least $600 to $700 per set of 4. It pays to have weird tire sizes.(which was why they couldn't get rid of them easily and gave them to me for free)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,872
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    they probably have to find a way to clear out the inventory?
    True. And nothing is going to happen over night. Just speculation.

    Even while Verizon was going through the process to acquire TF, you better believe they were also planning, and knew, what they were going to do once they got it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    201
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    What the Rep told you is true... My service got suspended for sim swapping a BYOP TF/VZW sim.
    Is it only Tracfone that punishes Verizon sim-swapping this way, or do all Verizon MVNOs do this? And if the answer is yes, what's the point in buying an expensive unlocked phone then?
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $60 by using my referral code RRJA-C67E. You get 6,000 rewards points - that's $60 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

    To those who already have Tracfone - please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,731
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Is it only Tracfone that punishes Verizon sim-swapping this way, or do all Verizon MVNOs do this? And if the answer is yes, what's the point in buying an expensive unlocked phone then?
    I don't see how your 2nd question is relevant to your 1st question. Buying an unlocked phone (expensive or not) allows you to use that phone with any compatible carrier. What does that have to do with swapping a SIM that uses Verizon network into different phones?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    201
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't see how your 2nd question is relevant to your 1st question. Buying an unlocked phone (expensive or not) allows you to use that phone with any compatible carrier. What does that have to do with swapping a SIM that uses Verizon network into different phones?
    Oh, I noticed that the OP's question asked about swapping between two unlocked phones. I had always thought swapping restrictions applied to Tracfone-branded phones because Tracfone-branded phones are subsidized in price.

    So in my mind, unlocked phone = more expensive = less restrictions.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Oh, I noticed that the OP's question asked about swapping between two unlocked phones. I had always thought swapping restrictions applied to Tracfone-branded phones because Tracfone-branded phones are subsidized in price.

    So in my mind, unlocked phone = more expensive = less restrictions.
    It doesn't matter now if its an unlocked phone or a TF branded phone. TF/VZW doesn't take kindly to sim swapping now.
    Last edited by NanaC; 11-25-2021 at 07:25 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    405
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    It doesn't matter now if its an unlocked phone or a TF branded phone. TF/VZW does take kindly to sim swapping now.
    wait... you mean does or doesn't? (take kindly to sim swapping)

    thanks!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    wait... you mean does or doesn't? (take kindly to sim swapping)

    thanks!
    Sorry... I fixed it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    405
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Sorry... I fixed it.


    now that I think about it, what possible reason does Tracfond/Verizon have for hating SIM swapping? (especially in the scenario that I described, where someone was just taking the Tracfone/Verizon SIM from one unlocked phone and putting it into another unlocked phone)

    Or do they just like paying the extra workload for their call center employees by having to manually change the IMEI every single time?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post


    now that I think about it, what possible reason does Tracfond/Verizon have for hating SIM swapping? (especially in the scenario that I described, where someone was just taking the Tracfone/Verizon SIM from one unlocked phone and putting it into another unlocked phone)

    Or do they just like paying the extra workload for their call center employees by having to manually change the IMEI every single time?
    My guess is that TF/VZW recently started the no sim swapping so they'd have a correct count of phones being used on VZW network. They were preparing for the acquisition.

    There not worried about sim swapping with TF/AT&T & TF/T-Mobile cause eventually they won't let anyone that isn't using Verizon towers on TracFone.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post


    Or do they just like paying the extra workload for their call center employees by having to manually change the IMEI every single time?
    You can do a transfer on the website, don't have to call or chat, but its better to do it that way. There's a transcript of the chat in case something gets messed up.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got a PM from AlexTrac pertaining to a comment I made.

    "Hi NanaC. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We read your comment on this thread and we are reaching out to share some relevant information regarding the Verizon acquisition concern. Our valued subscribers can still make use, transfer service to, or even do new activations using the AT&T and T-Mobile network SIM cards. A transition to the Verizon network could occur. But, rest assured that this transition would make sure to provide our customers with what they need such as providing a Verizon compatible device and SIM card. If this is needed, they will be promptly communicated with all the information. Should you need to reach us, just chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Have a nice day!"

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,872
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Got a PM from AlexTrac pertaining to a comment I made.

    "Hi NanaC. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We read your comment on this thread and we are reaching out to share some relevant information regarding the Verizon acquisition concern. Our valued subscribers can still make use, transfer service to, or even do new activations using the AT&T and T-Mobile network SIM cards. A transition to the Verizon network could occur. But, rest assured that this transition would make sure to provide our customers with what they need such as providing a Verizon compatible device and SIM card. If this is needed, they will be promptly communicated with all the information. Should you need to reach us, just chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Have a nice day!"
    I got that too. I replied back...don't know if Alex checks his mail....Briefly explained the real issue is who determines if you have reliable Verizon service at your location. Maps don't, users do.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    652
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I got that too. I replied back...don't know if Alex checks his mail....Briefly explained the real issue is who determines if you have reliable Verizon service at your location. Maps don't, users do.
    Exactly right, but I bet Verizon won't take the reliable service into account. They'll probably just go by the coverage map. If that's the case I will have to go to AT&T prepaid or Cricket. Missed an important phone call last month when I was using TF/VZW before I switched to BYOP TF/AT&T.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,629
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post


    now that I think about it, what possible reason does Tracfond/Verizon have for hating SIM swapping? (especially in the scenario that I described, where someone was just taking the Tracfone/Verizon SIM from one unlocked phone and putting it into another unlocked phone)...
    Maybe because TF is unfriendly.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

    My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 01.18.22

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM
  2. Moving Net 10 SIM Card From Flip Phone To Smartphone
    By Jim1348 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2018, 03:57 PM
  3. Transfer SIM card from one Verizon phone to another
    By channelz28 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 08:23 AM
  4. Changing SIM cards from one GSM phone to another
    By ShaqT in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2016, 06:05 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2015, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks