Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was ATT the big spender at auction 110?

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Was ATT the big spender at auction 110?

Name:  IMG_0021.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  56.0 KB

"We still believe AT&T will be the highest bidder in Auction 110 (~$9 billion), followed by a steep drop-off to Verizon (~$5 billion), and then again to Dish Network and T-Mobile (~$2 billion each)," wrote the financial analysts at Raymond James in a note to investors this week.

https://www.lightreading.com/5g/atandt-spent-$9b-on-midband-spectrum-for-5g---analysts/d/d-id/773635

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    lightreading is garbage and often gets things wrong and posts FUD. First they said Verizon wasn't going participate at all then they claimed Verizon was trying to kill the auction now they say Verizon spent the 2nd most. They also claimed the auction wasn't going to reach the minimum when when it did said it would barely go past that. Yet it went $7.1 bil past that. Now do I think at&t spent the most? Sure Verizon spent more than $5 bil and T-Mobile barely spent anything. not sure where they get their info. T-Mobile has no reason to buy anything and they need to save up for the 2.5 GHz auction next year. Dish didn't spent squat in the C-band auction and barely spent anything in the CBRS auction. magically they are going to participate heavily in this one? Wouldn't shock me if Verizon's spend was close to at&t's spend

Still have the have the assignment phase then the winners will be announced. Hopefully the FCC announces the assignment phase schedule tomorrow. It it starts early next week and doesn't last more than a couple of weeks we might know the winners before Christmas

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    lightreading is garbage and often gets things wrong and posts FUD. First they said Verizon wasn't going participate at all then they claimed Verizon was trying to kill the auction now they say Verizon spent the 2nd most. They also claimed the auction wasn't going to reach the minimum when when it did said it would barely go past that. Yet it went $7.1 bil past that. Now do I think at&t spent the most? Sure Verizon spent more than $5 bil and T-Mobile barely spent anything. not sure where they get their info. T-Mobile has no reason to buy anything and they need to save up for the 2.5 GHz auction next year. Dish didn't spent squat in the C-band auction and barely spent anything in the CBRS auction. magically they are going to participate heavily in this one? Wouldn't shock me if Verizon's spend was close to at&t's spend

Still have the have the assignment phase then the winners will be announced. Hopefully the FCC announces the assignment phase schedule tomorrow. It it starts early next week and doesn't last more than a couple of weeks we might know the winners before Christmas
    I agree with this. AT&T went big, and no way Verizon wasn't bidding to win in target areas. VZW desperately needs it in areas like Traverse City, and other northern Michigan cities where they have 0 wideband (other than C band which is a few years out) and only 5 MHz PCS. Equipment is already out from Ericsson and Nokia that supports the spectrum.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    35/59 rounds completed as of now in the Assignment Phase. Hopefully it concludes before Christmas.
    Last edited by 10mm; 12-17-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    The Assignment Phase has just concluded. Auction 110 ending with gross proceeds of $22,513,601,811. We should hear something soon I hope.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    The Assignment Phase has just concluded. Auction 110 ending with gross proceeds of $22,513,601,811. We should hear something soon I hope.
    Looking forward to this one. I agree with others here - my guess is ATT wins, but Verizon takes up a close second. T-Mo has more spectrum than they can handle right now, and I don't really know why Dish would bid big.

Meanwhile, Verizon is going full steam ahead with 5G Home Internet, having more n77 nationwide accessible ASAP seems to fit in well with that strategy.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Also worth noting that of the carriers, Verizon is the one with the most experience dealing with the DoD due to all those huge contracts. Therefore they're well-positioned to negotiate usage of n77 DoD spectrum.

Device(s)
    LG G8, Galaxy A32 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Also worth noting that of the carriers, Verizon is the one with the most experience dealing with the DoD due to all those huge contracts. Therefore they're well-positioned to negotiate usage of n77 DoD spectrum.
    I would say that AT&T is also well-positioned since they coordinate usage of their spectrum on different military bases and have been involved in the talks about 6Ghz and 4.9Ghz sharing usage between unlicensed and licensed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    IIRC, carriers also had to coordinate with the DoD on AWS3 uplink spectrum clearance as well. Most of the sites in my area weren't able to access AWS3 as a PCC until the last year or two because of their exclusion zones with certain dates for clearance.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/...hared-spectrum

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    U.S. government: "We want America to be the global leader in technology!"

Also U.S. government: "You want to do literally anything to make cellular networks better? Have you considered: Go F yourself?"

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    U.S. government: "We want America to be the global leader in technology!"

Also U.S. government: "You want to do literally anything to make cellular networks better? Have you considered: Go F yourself?"

LOL. I think this deserves comment of the month!! Tell us what you really think......

We should be hearing something fairly soon and I'm confident AT&T was the big winner.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    LOL. I think this deserves comment of the month!! Tell us what you really think......

We should be hearing something fairly soon and I'm confident AT&T was the big winner.
    It's rumored att was the big winner but we should know for sure pretty soon.

Sent from my U705AA using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Just looking at all the major PEAs from the auction results. It appears AT&T got 40 MHz/4 licenses nationwide or near nationwide. They didn't get all the same contiguous blocks however, with most areas having overlapping blocks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Where can you see the results from each PEA? I'm looking at a link to the public notice on the FCC website, and it only outlines the bidders' license counts and what they will be paying.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Name:  IMG_0064.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  39.9 KB

ATT Inc. committed nearly $9.1 billion for new airwave licenses as the top bidder in a government auction that fetched a total of $22.5 billion, marking another leg in a race by U.S. wireless carriers to build advanced 5G networks.

As the third-largest U.S. wireless carrier both in subscribers and in midband spectrum holdings, AT&T used the auction to close the gap with its rivals. The company is reorienting itself toward 5G services and fiber-delivered broadband, and unloading the $100 billion in TV and media businesses it acquired under previous management.

With the second-highest bid, Dish Network Corp. will pay $7.3 billion, according to the Federal Communications Commission, which ran the auction. Other bidders included T-Mobile US Inc. with a $2.9 billion commitment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-5g-airwaves

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast