Thread: T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet Plan Questions

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet Plan Questions

I use a T-Mobile (postpaid) Simple Choice North America 2GB MI plan that a friend helped my get through a government group. That plan has a phone # that works for texts, MMS, and group messages.

I have some questions about the T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet plans. https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet .

1. Do T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet plans also come with a phone # that works for texts, MMS, and group messages?

2. Is a customer able to use T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet plans with the T-Mobile Prepaid iPhone eSIM app? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...obile-esim-app

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I use a T-Mobile (postpaid) Simple Choice North America 2GB MI plan that a friend helped my get through a government group. That plan has a phone # that works for texts, MMS, and group messages.

I have some questions about the T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet plans. https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet .

1. Do T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet plans also come with a phone # that works for texts, MMS, and group messages?

2. Is a customer able to use T-Mobile Prepaid Mobile Internet plans with the T-Mobile Prepaid iPhone eSIM app? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...obile-esim-app

Thanks!
    1) no it's got messaging blocked.
    2) only to start a new account. If you have a sim card activated already call customer service and get a QR code sent to you by email to activate the esim. If you get someone unwilling or just flat don't know what they are doing hang up and call back.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    2) only to start a new account. If you have a sim card activated already call customer service and get a QR code sent to you by email to activate the esim. If you get someone unwilling or just flat don't know what they are doing hang up and call back.
    Thank you for the answers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I didn't notice this until this thread. Sure enough, attempts to send or receive an SMS on my active 2GB monthly plan are unsuccessful and I get the "Message Blocking is Active" message.

Previously, when I had data plans through a business reseller, I was able to send and receive SMS message, viewing them on the 4G Mobile Hotspot dashboard.

I guess this is the way the new consumer plans are set up.

My earlier plan also had the free slow-speed international data, but as best as I can tell this is now only available on postpaid data plans.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I tried using the automated system through 611 to see if I could change my prepaid Simple Choice North America 2GB line to the 6GB $25 plan (to no avail) but I knew I wasn’t crazy-it says that my current plan includes unlimited texting.

It is of course, blocked, but I remember Customer Service telling me it had texting when I signed up for it. I may still try to call back and get the 6GB plan if they can still change it. But I’m afraid that if I get customer service involved at all at this point I’ll lose the plan.

Prepaid CS has gone from bad to horrible over the last year or so and I’m not sure it’s even worth the risk of calling them!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what is the grace period before prepaid account internet plans get de-activated due to no top up (for recurring passes)?

I was told 30 days in the store but on the website it says 365 days.

Thanks!