Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,643
    Feedback Score
    0

    Apple 13 Dual Sim Issue

    I upgraded from my iPhone 12 Pro Max to the 13 Pro Max and the Quick Transfer, including the esim worked perfectly.

    I tried to add a second T-Mobile esim from a sim card to my device and it will not install as an esim. The actual sim card works fine in the sim slot, but my account manager sim swap section does not activate the esim on the phone. It does not kill the sim card, so at least that still works in the phone.

    Has anyone gotten 2 esims from T-Mobile active on the 13's yet? I have chatted with t-force but they are stumped.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21,048
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    It is possible that T-mobile doesn't support dual eSIM cards currently. For example, I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone and T-mobile support advised me that it doesn't support the eSIM on that phone currently.
    Just another day in paradise.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    859
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I upgraded from my iPhone 12 Pro Max to the 13 Pro Max and the Quick Transfer, including the esim worked perfectly.

    I tried to add a second T-Mobile esim from a sim card to my device and it will not install as an esim. The actual sim card works fine in the sim slot, but my account manager sim swap section does not activate the esim on the phone. It does not kill the sim card, so at least that still works in the phone.

    Has anyone gotten 2 esims from T-Mobile active on the 13's yet? I have chatted with t-force but they are stumped.
    I recall hearing that this happens to Verizon customers as well. Since there is a nano and an esim on the same carrier in the phone, it likely can’t swap it in that device. Have you tried requesting a native esim from T-mobile instead of converting the existing nano sim to an esim? I am guessing the nano sim must be deactivated as plan is still registering on the nano sim.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,643
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found an easy workaround for some of us.

    If your sim card line you want to add to your phone is on your account already, that’s all you need if you can access another esim capable iPhone. Put the sim card in your other phone then on your phone, open “Cellular” in Settings, and choose “Add Cellular Plan”. You should see the number to convert and transfer over, along with any other numbers on your plan. Choose it, and follow the steps to import it into your device as a second esim. This worked perfectly for me and all features work normally on both esims when both are active. That’s all I really know about this trick, but mine worked first try. YAY!

    I have also added my Verizon/Red Pocket sim card and it works normally with either esim on my device.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    859
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I found an easy workaround for some of us.

    If your sim card line you want to add to your phone is on your account already, that’s all you need if you can access another esim capable iPhone. Put the sim card in your other phone then on your phone, open “Cellular” in Settings, and choose “Add Cellular Plan”. You should see the number to convert and transfer over, along with any other numbers on your plan. Choose it, and follow the steps to import it into your device as a second esim. This worked perfectly for me and all features work normally on both esims when both are active. That’s all I really know about this trick, but mine worked first try. YAY!

    I have also added my Verizon/Red Pocket sim card and it works normally with either esim on my device.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. That it wouldn’t transfer in current device. You needed to swap it in another device or get a new esim not attached to existing nano sim. Glad it worked for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,643
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. That it wouldn’t transfer in current device. You needed to swap it in another device or get a new esim not attached to existing nano sim. Glad it worked for you.
    I think the factor that allows this to work on T-Mobile is that while in another device, it activates as an esim with a different EID. THEN it transfers to the phone with an existing esim, but there is no conflict by trying to use the same EID. that was the issue with the On Line Account Manager, or T-Force help.

Similar Threads

  1. Apple iPhone Dual SIM Feature
    By Jim1348 in forum Apple
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-11-2020, 09:00 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2020, 07:19 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-07-2019, 04:16 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 10:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •