Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Account Management Updates for Legacy Accounts

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score

Account Management Updates for Legacy Accounts

I have one of the old (pre-Rebellion) Mobile Internet lines (buying the $10/150 day/5GB pass on an iPad) and have resigned myself to the fact that there's no way to access the account once that was broken a year or two ago. I have called in to load it and to buy a new pass and it hasn't been that difficult. Yesterday, I got an email for that account that things would be changing soon in terms of account management. It pointed me to this page: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...ervice-changes

I wonder if they'll also be rolling out real account numbers for those lines and legacy voice accounts.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I have one of the old (pre-Rebellion) Mobile Internet lines (buying the $10/150 day/5GB pass on an iPad) and have resigned myself to the fact that there's no way to access the account once that was broken a year or two ago. I have called in to load it and to buy a new pass and it hasn't been that difficult. Yesterday, I got an email for that account that things would be changing soon in terms of account management. It pointed me to this page: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...ervice-changes

I wonder if they'll also be rolling out real account numbers for those lines and legacy voice accounts.
    I think I'm on the old system, too (5GB Walmart plan). It's always a [email protected]#$%^& to logon and a refill. Haven't received any email yet, fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 09-09-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    I think I'm on the old system, too (5GB Walmart plan). It's always a [email protected]#$%^& to logon and a refill. Haven't received any email yet, fingers crossed.
    Yeah, you would be. I also haven't received any emails for the 200MB free data for life prepaid plans that I have either, so it might be in phases.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 09-09-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Okay, I received a text yesterday with the same link. Not sure what's being gained or changed. Seems the self-service options currently exist. Confused. Biggest issue currently is just logging in. This was the only thing that caught my eye:

Action steps
    To receive most of these updates, you won't need to do anything, however there are a few steps you should take to ensure a smooth transition.

To use these new online options to manage your My T-Mobile account, you'll need to log in to verify your account information, including your mailing address.
    You must set up AutoPay to continue automatic monthly payments once your line has been updated.

This doesn't require me to use a CC card if I pay strictly via refills, right? Don't think so but would like a second opinion.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I received a text yesterday with the same link. Not sure what's being gained or changed. Seems the self-service options currently exist. Confused. Biggest issue currently is just logging in. This was the only thing that caught my eye:

Action steps
    To receive most of these updates, you won't need to do anything, however there are a few steps you should take to ensure a smooth transition.

To use these new online options to manage your My T-Mobile account, you'll need to log in to verify your account information, including your mailing address.
    You must set up AutoPay to continue automatic monthly payments once your line has been updated.

This doesn't require me to use a CC card if I pay strictly via refills, right? Don't think so but would like a second opinion.
    I think it's really fixing things for the Mobile Internet pass accounts that have no account management at the moment, and maybe modernizing the legacy voice accounts to be more like the current ones on Rebellion (maybe even making it so you can switch to new plans without needed a new SIM?)

I think the AutoPay comment is only if you want to use a debit/credit card for automatic payments—the current accounts on Rebellion have similar language and can still use refills/hoard an account balance to deplete first.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I think it's really fixing things for the Mobile Internet pass accounts that have no account management at the moment, and maybe modernizing the legacy voice accounts to be more like the current ones on Rebellion (maybe even making it so you can switch to new plans without needed a new SIM?)

I think the AutoPay comment is only if you want to use a debit/credit card for automatic payments—the current accounts on Rebellion have similar language and can still use refills/hoard an account balance to deplete first.
    Thanks for the reassurance. I've passed into the I-don't-like-change zone long ago. Still leery after an in-store rep wanted to switch me off my gf'd plan because I'm on the old system and they couldn't process an ePin purchase.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reassurance. I've passed into the I-don't-like-change zone long ago. Still leery after an in-store rep wanted to switch me off my gf'd plan because I'm on the old system and they couldn't process an ePin purchase.
    Yeah, I'm watching it closely and could be wrong, but I'm hoping they won't/can't make it more restrictive and worse then the system for new accounts.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'm watching it closely and could be wrong, but I'm hoping they won't/can't make it more restrictive and worse then the system for new accounts.
    So does that mean there will still be multiple systems for prepaid accounts? I thought this was going to be a unified solution for prepaid account management? No?

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    So does that mean there will still be multiple systems for prepaid accounts? I thought this was going to be a unified solution for prepaid account management? No?
    Currently it seems like there are 3 different systems for prepaid accounts (that I've counted). There's the legacy voice account system, the legacy Mobile Internet one (aka Connect Me aka buy-a-pass-on-an-iPad), and Rebellion which is used for current sign-ups and is fairly new (2018, IIRC). I doubt they'd throw Rebellion out since it has finally got most of the bugs worked out, but I don't know if they're just moving people on the other accounts to it or not. Once the changes happen, we'll know right away by the appearance of it.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Currently it seems like there are 3 different systems for prepaid accounts (that I've counted). There's the legacy voice account system, the legacy Mobile Internet one (aka Connect Me aka buy-a-pass-on-an-iPad), and Rebellion which is used for current sign-ups and is fairly new (2018, IIRC). I doubt they'd throw Rebellion out since it has finally got most of the bugs worked out, but I don't know if they're just moving people on the other accounts to it or not. Once the changes happen, we'll know right away by the appearance of it.
    Hmm, I just ASSumed this was all about merging systems (flashback to old projects!). Though closer reading just says changes are coming.

Feedback Score
    At least I see this message now, when I try to log in to manage my old Mobile Internet account, instead of errors and timeouts. I've since activated a new SIM using a different email address for its online account so I don't have to call in, and to take advantage of the newer plans. I'll let the old one expire in a few months if they don't get online management working for it. I can't think of any reason to keep it seeing how fast and easy it is to activate a new line.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Public Mobile, Shaw Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am on legacy with a few accounts and one has switched so I can do a few things online and one is the last state where I can do nothing online. It looks like we are getting back to the previous old situation where we can manage the account. But not all are switched yet.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I realized my balance was low just as my month was due for renewal so I opened my app to apply a refill (I normally use their f*#! website).
    Anyway, the app kicked back, Sorry, we're not ready for you yet! So, I ended using the website after all.

Feedback Score
    This morning I received an e-mail with subject "Welcome to the new My T-Mobile". Text message came much later.

I changed my PIN on the new website.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17186835

Also under Profile information, it looks like you can edit your name on the line (on the old website, name changing is only for the useless name on the ID).
    But I kept it as first name my city, and last name my state.

Under Notifications and privacy > Privacy settings, I selected Opt-out for Customer insights.

Under Blocking controls > Other controls, I checked Block sending and receiving SMS/MMS.
    I got (I think) a backend error message. But I revisited the page after a while and it became checked.

The new website shows "Balance Expiration" in front of the date.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17186805

The new website only shows dollar balance. I cannot find messages and minutes remaining.

I am not sure what else is really different.
    Last edited by andyk88; 08-26-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyk88 View Post
    This morning I received an e-mail with subject "Welcome to the new My T-Mobile". Text message came much later.

I changed my PIN on the new website.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17186835

Also under Profile information, it looks like you can edit your name on the line (on the old website, name changing is only for the useless name on the ID).
    But I kept it as first name my city, and last name my state.

Under Notifications and privacy > Privacy settings, I selected Opt-out for Customer insights.

Under Blocking controls > Other controls, I checked Block sending and receiving SMS/MMS.
    I got (I think) a backend error message. But I revisited the page after a while and it became checked.

The new website shows "Balance Expiration" in front of the date.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17186805

The new website only shows dollar balance. I cannot find messages and minutes remaining.

I am not sure what else is really different.
    What type of plan are you on?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast