Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrapping my head around switching plans and billng.

Feedback Score

Wrapping my head around switching plans and billng.

I am trying to figure out exactly how ATT is calculating what they have "over" charged me and how it jives with what I was told by a support chat person.

So I have 4 lines on family plan with my plan being "bigger" than the other plans (1x 5gb plan, 3x 2gb plan.) At the end of march, on the day my plan was supposed to renew I switched our plans to 1x 15gb (for me) and 3x 5gb plans. When I switched plans it took the $90 credit I had put in a few days before (bill total is $90 and the plans I switched to were still going to be $90) and I had to add another $90. So at the end of march I basically added credit for two months worth of service. However, my account was still showing that at the end of April I would owe $40. I contacted chat support and the guy said, "oh no, when it goes to bill at the end of April you won't owe any more." Guess who was wrong? So I was billed $45 ($40 + taxs & fees) last week for some reason. Am I crazy that I shouldn't have been billed the $45 since I had loaded $180 in my account at the end of March and my bill is only $90/month?

Feedback Score
    It's a little hard to follow, since anyone responding here wasn't involved in the process.

But are you 100% sure the NEW total for the 4 plans (1x15GB + 3x5GB) is only $90?

What are the details of how you're getting the 4 plans (1x15GB + 3x5GB) for $90 TOTAL?

Feedback Score
    Main reason I dislike postpaid is the convoluted billing.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Main reason I dislike postpaid is the convoluted billing.
    This is the AT&T Prepaid forum. Is macville is talking about postpaid?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's a little hard to follow, since anyone responding here wasn't involved in the process.

But are you 100% sure the NEW total for the 4 plans (1x15GB + 3x5GB) is only $90?

What are the details of how you're getting the 4 plans (1x15GB + 3x5GB) for $90 TOTAL?
    This plan scenario is $90 per AT&T prepaid’s multi line calculator on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Do you have any idea what caused what seems to be the overcharge described by macville?

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Do you have any idea what caused what seems to be the overcharge described by macville?
    Unfortunately I do not. $40 is the amount of the multiline discount for this plan so perhaps that didn’t get applied correctly.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I don’t have a multi line group right now but if I recall correctly the upcoming balance owed doesn’t reflect discounts until a day or so before renewal. Perhaps in this case the discount credits didn’t post before the monthly charge was billed.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    This is the AT&T Prepaid forum. Is macville is talking about postpaid?
    My mistake then.

Feedback Score
    My mistake then.
    I wasn't sure, but it appears it actually is regarding AT&T Prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    So I have 4 lines on family plan with my plan being "bigger" than the other plans (1x 5gb plan, 3x 2gb plan.) At the end of march, on the day my plan was supposed to renew I switched our plans to 1x 15gb (for me) and 3x 5gb plans.
    I wonder if by switching on the very date of renewal messed something up, like the autopay and the multi-line discount for that period.

Regardless, the new amount due should be $90 going forward. You should see in OLAM "Total Monthly Savings: $40", and Payment Due, no more than $90 (if your current balance is $0). If not, something is amiss.

Feedback Score
    So...I guess macville never came back to see all these great replies, lol!

Feedback Score
    Okay, so I had an over hour back and forth with the worthless phone support last night. Even though the lady kept saying, "I understand" she obviously did not understand. After over an hour on the phone with her she offered me a $20 credit vs the $45 extra they had charged me. I said no, let me talk with your boss. "Well, he will just say the same thing I just said." "I don't care, let me talk with him." When I started in with him saying I had been over charged, he said, oh talk with our refund department (trying to pawn me off quickly.) So I was transferred over, the guy picked up and announced his name and....their system dropped the call like it did for me the night before. So I've now wasted two hours and have gotten no where.

This is what the issue seems to be as far as I can tell from the lady's not so great English and general confusion on my issue. I put $90 in my account March 21 for my renewal on March 30th. I swear I had read on their website if you are going to change plans, do it on my renew date...which was March 30th. So the morning of March 30 I switched plans. However, each plan I switched wanted a prorate amount ($50 total, but all 4 plans still only added up to $90/month and therefore a sideways move) So I added $90 more the morning of the 30th for a total amount added of $180, or two months worth. The system also charged me $90 that day, so now I only had $50 of credit in my account. The CS rep I chatted with in early April said the system would sort it out on the 29th when my next billing date was due and I wouldn't be charged anything, but that didn't happen. The CS lady last night said their system gets confused by dates (???) and that was the problem. What she didn't seem to understand was that I was double billed because they didn't apply what I had already been prorated (which shouldn't have happened in the first place since I was switching to same priced plans.)

So now I'm pissed because I've wasted two hours and don't really want to waste another hour or two trying to get them to understand the billing issue, but I also don't want them to keep money that is not rightly theirs. I wish chat was still an option because at least I can do other things while I am chatting. Being on the phone not so much. Any suggestions on how to reach someone who can actually understand my issue and help me with it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    ...I swear I had read on their website if you are going to change plans, do it on my renew date...which was March 30th. So the morning of March 30 I switched plans...
    Should have switched early afternoon or morning on the 29th. My .02.

Feedback Score
    Should have switched early afternoon or morning on the 29th. My .02.
    That's not what their website said at the time. Anyway, they shoukd know how to prorate properly. Cricket has no problem doing it correctly but att prepaid can't?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast