Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: $55 for 100 gigs Prepaid HotSpot Plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Just order the SIM with an IMEI that shows "good" and pop the SIM into your pixel.. i'll almost bet it works.

It also tells me my Fold 3 will not work, but it does. I just move the SIM from my iPhone when I want to use it and never had an issue the entire time.

It's just one of those things - if it does not work that's on you. BUT when you get the SIM, if it does not work, you can generally ask to cancel within the first few days and they'll do it with a full refund.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
    I went to an ATT store in chinatown / nw dc, to get this plan..

I'm more of a minimalist these days and didn't want to shell out for an extra hardware device when my pixel 5 could do as well..

I'm currently on google fi's flexible plan never went / going over $30 since having it..
    MY plan was to get this plan in the pixel 5 & use it for usb tethering to a gl.inet slate router when need be, my laptop's dns over tls local dns server I believe is way too data intensive / heavy for tethering to fi's hotspot, worse should I use vpn or tor, (i'm on wifi at home & about in dc).

Went to the ATT store asked about the plan, the cs rep explained that once i pay for that plan there's no refund, which i replied "that's why I'm here in the store, to make sure all's fine before even paying"..

we went to a store tablet, & he pulled out a white ATT sim card from his back pocket..

all done with the imei check passing & my info correct, there was a line in bold red with an x reading "feature aegb is duplicate with feature nout" .. he and I had no idea what that meant, but we both concluded that ATT wanted these plans for hotspot routers only, not for mobiles..

before hand I tried to order one from the cricket website but it just stalled when trying to finalize the purchase..

really wanted this plan, but didn't want to risk it not working once getting it..

Even went to a tmobile store in adams morgan to grab their $50 / 50gb beforehand, they even told me that that plan wasn't compatible with mobiles, only hotspots..
    I have the Pixel 4a 5g and I'm running the $50/100GB plan from T-Mobile on e-sim. It's doesn't have to be a hotspot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I don't know for how long this has been the case (probably since June), but I just noticed that this plan is no longer being offered for new activations in the website. I still have it and it looks it's being grandfathered but don't know for how long more.

So it's now $55 for 50GB, or $90 for 100GB. Quite a price increase.

Current options are:
    • 20GB of data for $25 per month (when you pay for 12 months in advance at $300)
    • 15GB of data for $35 per month
    • 50GB of data for $55 per month
    • 100GB of data for $90 per month

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket has a 100GB/$50 monthly plan on their GSMA network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Red Pocket has a 100GB/$50 monthly plan on their GSMA network.
    Yes. I have that plan. And the entire 100 GB can be used for hotspot, which is great.

If anyone would like to use my Red Pocket referral code to get $25 off your first monthly-plan order, please PM me. The discount is instantaneous for you.

Red Pocket is supposed to give the referrer (me) $25 off too, but they haven't given me any credits so far
    Partly my fault too I suppose, because I haven't fought it out with them - I'm scared if I antagonize them they may mess with my service .
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3