Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: T-Mobile just introduced a powerful new rival to Apple’s AirTag

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    I agree it doesn't cost them much, but disagree the market for this will be as big as the market for smart watches. Tmobile doesn't make a t-mobile branded smart watch, the appeal of the watch is directly tied into the oem of the watch and their ecosystem.
    Not the entire smartwatch market, I meant cellular connected smartwatches. I've used smartwatches going back to the Pebble, but BT connectivity to the phones in our pocket is good enough for most of us, and ungodly cheaper on both fronts- lower upfront cost, and no monthly fee vs. cell connected watches.

In fact, I'd wager the ratio of non-cellular smartwatches in use to cellular connected watches will be approximately the same ratio as Tile/Apple tracker users to cellular-connected trackers.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Not the entire smartwatch market, I meant cellular connected smartwatches. I've used smartwatches going back to the Pebble, but BT connectivity to the phones in our pocket is good enough for most of us, and ungodly cheaper on both fronts- lower upfront cost, and no monthly fee vs. cell connected watches.

In fact, I'd wager the ratio of non-cellular smartwatches in use to cellular connected watches will be approximately the same ratio as Tile/Apple tracker users to cellular-connected trackers.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    Not sure about that, mainly due to the carriers selling cellular apple and galaxy watches on eip plans. I agree the number of people buying the GPS/Bluetooth only versions of those devices is much higher than the cellular versions, but, carriers push decent numbers with those watches as well. I just don't think these trackers are going to move any needles, especially being released around the same time as airtags
    Last edited by Theghostlad82; 05-04-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    This is simply untrue if the user doesn’t need or want 2.3 million miles of coverage. Thus as I said, the market will determine what one is “best” based on what people want and need.
    What someone wants or doesn't want doesn't change the fact that Sync Up will track up an object in way more locations than an airtag. And since the purpose of the device is to track, Sync Up does it better.

Yes, poorer performance may be acceptable to many people. But its acceptability doesn't change the fact that performance is indeed poorer.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile just introduced a powerful new rival to Apple’s AirTag

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    What someone wants or doesn't want doesn't change the fact that Sync Up will track up an object in way more locations than an airtag. And since the purpose of the device is to track, Sync Up does it better.

Yes, poorer performance may be acceptable to many people. But its acceptability doesn't change the fact that performance is indeed poorer.
    Performance being "poorer" is determined by the users needs, wants, and expectations of the product. I don't know why people find this hard to understand. You yourself said the Lamborghini and Toyota comparison another poster posted about saying the Lamborghini had better "performance" than a Toyota was a great example. No, it's a terrible example as they have no base to determine "performance" by. The performance is determined by the user. If someone needs a vehicle to tow a boat, a Toyota Tacoma will perform much better than a Lamborghini, if someone needs a car to get them 40mpg, a Toyota will perform much better than a Lamborghini. You don't determine what "performs" better, the market (consumer) does. The market will say the airtag performs better than the sync up. Sorry. Now the sync up may perform better for you, and that's fine, you as a user get to determine what works best for you, but the market will speak, and loudly.

As far as the “way more locations” statement, this is something that can’t be proven, all it takes is one iPhone/iCloud device to connect to an airtag to locate it. In fact, the airtag works so well there are legitimate privacy concerns that it can and will be used to track people.

Not getting a sync up huh? Lol, Don't blame you, I would t waste my money on that crap either. Just buy an airtag.
    Last edited by Theghostlad82; 05-06-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3