Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile just introduced a powerful new rival to Apple’s AirTag

Name:  IMG_0094.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  70.1 KB

On Wednesday, T-Mobile introduced a new product called the SyncUP TRACKER, and much like similar trackers from Apple, Tile, and Chipolo, the SyncUP Tracker can help ensure that you never lose your most important items. If there is one defining feature that separates T-Mobile’s tracker from the competition, it’s got to be its ability to run on T-Mobile’s LTE network, which spans 99% of the country.

“SyncUP TRACKER brings peace of mind to customer’s most prized possessions and valuables, which is why we’re putting the power of our network behind it,” said Matt Staneff, Chief Marketing Officer of T-Mobile, in a press release on Wednesday. “From families to cars to now things, T-Mobile’s network is connecting just about anything – because it has the power and reliability customers can depend on.”

https://bgr.com/tech/t-mobile-syncup...g-5922423/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    "powerful new rival" to airtags is a bit..... ambitious to say the least. Has absolutely no chance against airtags, airtags will likely also spell the demise of tile. This likely lasts 2 months before it is discontinued.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    "..... ambitious to say the least....
    I dont know man.. but this thing is cellular... with that being said, it blows apple with its icloud mesh style...
    however 60 plus the 5 subscription per tag is a stinker

Feedback Score
    "powerful new rival" to airtags is a bit..... ambitious to say the least. Has absolutely no chance against airtags, airtags will likely also spell the demise of tile. This likely lasts 2 months before it is discontinued.
    The airtags will only work on one brand out of many hardware brands of phone/tablet (according to pocketnow). This extremely limited focus leaves a lot of room for such ambitions to grow, as airtags won't work with the devices most people have.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    The airtags will only work on one brand out of many hardware brands of phone/tablet (according to pocketnow). This extremely limited focus leaves a lot of room for such ambitions to grow, as airtags won't work with the devices most people have.
    That one brand has over 1 billion phones active in the world. This is a number nobody can compete with. Airtags will dominate this market. Apples latest earnings were outright insane. This has no honest chance. The genius of airtags is how it communicates with any IPhone who finds one. No need to download a specialized app from the maker of the tag, no need for anything. Just use the find my app that is on every single IPhone made.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    I dont know man.. but this thing is cellular... with that being said, it blows apple with its icloud mesh style...
    however 60 plus the 5 subscription per tag is a stinker
    Being cellular holds little advantage, airtags built a network with every IPhone user, regardless of what carrier they are on, with no added cost to the user. It's actually a genius, simple idea. Let the users build the network for your product to use for you. Anyone with an IPhone finds a lost item with an airtags, just scan it with the find my app and find out whose it is. Hope it does well for them, but, this likely will be discontinued soon, and mainly due to airtags being the dominant player in the market. You also have Samsung in the game as well with their galaxy smart tags.

Feedback Score
    How about "Mind your **** tags". 100% Free.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Being cellular holds little advantage
    Actually it holds a lot of advantage. There are plenty of places where there is a T-Mobile cellular network and no iPhones present. If the Airtag is a residence, for example, where only Android devices are used, the Airtag is worthless.

Yes, you're paying for a monthly service, but if you want the best tracking available then SyncUp has it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Actually it holds a lot of advantage. There are plenty of places where there is a T-Mobile cellular network and no iPhones present. If the Airtag is a residence, for example, where only Android devices are used, the Airtag is worthless.

Yes, you're paying for a monthly service, but if you want the best tracking available then SyncUp has it.
    Cellular does have a big advantage that any device can be used but one HUGE drawback. It looks like the device only has a 7 day battery life. I can imagine a whole lot of “yeah it has a tracker on it but it is dead” situations.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    ...It looks like the device only has a 7 day battery life. I can imagine a whole lot of “yeah it has a tracker on it but it is dead” situations...
    I see that also.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile just introduced a powerful new rival to Apple’s AirTag

So you’re expecting this to be a hit? Lol a true "airtags rival"? Lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    People also forget that this mesh iCloud network is not just phones. iPads, Mac, iPhone.. anything with “FindMy” capability will join in on this network for locating services.

I’ve used it a before to locate an iPad that was left on the train by my sisters kid, it was tracked.. Amtrack called, and it was luckily recovered. It’s actually very useful.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Lol…”won’t work with the devices most people have”? There are a lot of iDevices out there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    Lol…”won’t work with the devices most people have”? There are a lot of iDevices out there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Especially in the U.S. where iPhones and ios/Mac devices are the dominant player in the market. I get some people don’t like ios or apple products, and that’s fine, they can choose to use whatever they want, but to ignore apples dominance in the U.S. market makes no sense. The only OEM that has been able to make any sort of dent in the U.S. besides apple is Samsung, and I doubt galaxy tags sell anywhere near the amount that airtags will. Airtags will be the dominant player in the wearable/tracking market, likely by a mile.

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Can a place with a TMO network present and not one single iPhone present really exists in the US?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited Elite & Unlimited Starter
    HBOMAX

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast