Thread: Leaving Cricket

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Leaving Cricket

I have been with Cricket now for about 6 years. USMobile has come up with a wonderful deal and it makes no sense for me to stay with Cricket anymore, so in a couple of day I am moving. I had moved my wife already from Google Fi to USMobile because of USMobile's international data plans. We travel internationally once in a few years and it is easy if we can get data in those countries. That is the reason why I had my wife on Google Fi since Fi gives data in foreign countries also.

The new deal is what USMobile calls pooled data plan. In this plan you buy lines with unlimited talk and text for $9 each line. Then you add data to it for $2 per GB. So this is what we get

2 lines for $9 each = $18
    2 GB data per month = $4
    Taxes $0.96
    Total $22.96 for two lines

We are almost homebound due to Covid and our data usage is very low. Even when it increases we can buy more data at $2/GB. You can buy data mid cycle also for same price.

How can this be beat? At the best Cricket family plan rate I would have paid $50 for two lines.

If you want to switch to USMobile use code to get three free sims. Also when joining use Referral code to get $10 credit. No big incentives, but the deal is great.

These pooled data plans are available on Verizon network only so make sure your phone works on Verizon and you have good Verizon coverage.

mod edited: posting referral codes here isn’t allowed
    Last edited by martin_j001; 04-28-2021 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Referral codes are not allowed to be posted

Feedback Score
    FYI a shared plan can consist of only 1 line. Pretty neat. Also added GBs can be added anytime at $2/GB but they don't rollover.

If I wasn't streaming video I'd do this deal.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    FYI a shared plan can consist of only 1 line. Pretty neat. Also added GBs can be added anytime at $2/GB but they don't rollover.

If I wasn't streaming video I'd do this deal.
    Yes, this deal is for relatively low data users. For streamers go for USMobile unlimited all plan.

Feedback Score
    I wish USMobile had Party Pay like Visible. Then with all the perks it'd be worth it to switch from Visible.

Feedback Score
    If Verizon didn't have such bad congestion issues in my area, I'd take up US Mobile on this deal. If any AT&T MNVO can offer at least 30GB of data shared for under $100 a month, I'd probably make the switch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    If Verizon didn't have such bad congestion issues in my area, I'd take up US Mobile on this deal. If any AT&T MNVO can offer at least 30GB of data shared for under $100 a month, I'd probably make the switch.
    Yeah looks like a solid deal.

I’m on att and Verizon got super congested for me also, it became unusable in so many spots.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I wish USMobile had Party Pay like Visible. Then with all the perks it'd be worth it to switch from Visible.
    They basically do with the Unlimited plans. 3+ lines are $25 each, tax included. Plus a free perk like Netflix credited back each month. Latency and speeds are overall better than Visible, just no included hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    They basically do with the Unlimited plans. 3+ lines are $25 each, tax included. Plus a free perk like Netflix credited back each month. Latency and speeds are overall better than Visible, just no included hotspot.
    No with Visible Party Pay can be with strangers & no acct has control over another.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    There unlimited all plan does not allow hotspot. However, this pooled data plan does include hotspot. You are paying for the data per $2/GB so they allow hotspot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emily1995 View Post
    There unlimited all plan does not allow hotspot. However, this pooled data plan does include hotspot. You are paying for the data per $2/GB so they allow hotspot
    I'm aware.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm aware.
    I have to thank you for pointing me towards USMobile. Today is my last day with Cricket

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emily1995 View Post
    I have to thank you for pointing me towards USMobile. Today is my last day with Cricket
    Yeah, US Mobile was mentioned here a few months back. If you goto reddit, you'll see the support folks there are extremely responsive. The price is reasonable. While I am still on that 5 lines for $100 grandfather plan, Cricket hasn't exactly given me reasons to stay on. The speed is still capped at 8 Mbps. Not discount on phones. Meanwhile, going outside to get an unlock phone does not mean it'll work due to 3G sunset and Volte going forward. My target date of switching is June 19th.

In all honesty, Cricket is not bad. The volte and wifi calling are pretty good. I rarely encounter any issues with them the 6 years I've been with them. However, when a better service comes along at similar price, then it's time to bail.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    In my case my requirements changed. While I was with Cricket I used to work in an office and my data needs were about 3-4 GB per month. Last year I retired and now am at home almost all the time. My data need is say 200 MB per month. With Cricket I would still be in their family plan paying $25 per month for each line and get unlimited data. With USMobile now I pay just $10.50 per line. I get unlimited talk and text but only 1 GB data between me and my wife. How can you beat this price? I have Verizon network which works for me. I get VoLTE but no wifi calling. If I need more data I can just buy it at $2/GB. So overall it is cheaper plan. Not that it saves much money, but I at least have the feeling that I was able to find a wonderful deal.