Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Starts C band equipment deployment

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score

Verizon Starts C band equipment deployment

Good to see they aren't waiting around to at least get the equipment installed on the towers. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...ent-deployment

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to know real world coverage 1/2 mile or less is what I have heard said?Is that being generous?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Is there any way to know real world coverage 1/2 mile or less is what I have heard said?Is that being generous?
    There are people getting mmwave from 1/4 mile away in a car and people getting CBRS, which is similar to c-band but with much lower power limits, at over 1 mile away. c-band should be about to do 1.5 miles at least

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Good to see they aren't waiting around to at least get the equipment installed on the towers. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...ent-deployment
    Why would they wait until December to start deploying the equipment? Considering they have 46 PEAs to cover they'd want to get staed as soon as possible so when they can use the spectrum there are tens of millions that can use it

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Why would they wait until December to start deploying the equipment?
    Well... AT&T is, and then some.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Well... AT&T is, and then some.
    at&t is broke and has a history of making terrible business decisions

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    There are people getting mmwave from 1/4 mile away in a car and people getting CBRS, which is similar to c-band but with much lower power limits, at over 1 mile away. c-band should be about to do 1.5 miles at least
    That would be great.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just assume that C-Band will have the same range as Sprint’s Band 41 has had. According to Verizon, C-Band’s higher transmit power limits mean its range is approximately equal to BRS/EBS despite being 3.5 vs. 2.5 GHz.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do you-all think that the 1 1/2 mile range will be with only clear line of site.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not at all. C-Band will be Verizon’s primary 5G layer like how T-Mobile/Sprint is using 2.5 GHz as theirs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think that c-band will perform a lot better than people think. Between 4x4 or massive MIMO, beamforming, up-link enhancements, increased power levels, and the fact that the spectrum is empty and not being shared (unlike n41) that it will do better than a lot of people think.

The extra capacity will also help get people off of other lowband spectrum making it easier for Verizon to re-farm that to 5G as well.

Verizon can afford to be very aggressive with c-band deployments because it’s not just about speed. C-band is also about capacity and with capacity you can sell more connections and make more money. It will also help fuel expansions. Areas where the ROI was previously to low for new towers to justify more towers may now be profitable enough to justify those towers.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    PC Mag has an article that quotes a paper from 2006 that estimates the urban reach of 1.2 miles and rural reach of over 6 miles. That paper was also written before enhancements like beamforming and massive mimo were matured and developed.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean by n41 is not shared?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I think that c-band will perform a lot better than people think. Between 4x4 or massive MIMO, beamforming, up-link enhancements, increased power levels, and the fact that the spectrum is empty and not being shared (unlike n41) that it will do better than a lot of people think.

The extra capacity will also help get people off of other lowband spectrum making it easier for Verizon to re-farm that to 5G as well.

Verizon can afford to be very aggressive with c-band deployments because it’s not just about speed. C-band is also about capacity and with capacity you can sell more connections and make more money. It will also help fuel expansions. Areas where the ROI was previously to low for new towers to justify more towers may now be profitable enough to justify those towers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    What do you mean by n41 is not shared?
    N41 can be shared with educational institutions. Here in my market 3 university’s (Laroche, point park, and Robert Morris university) all use parts of n41 spectrum. There are also 2 other entities (the learning source and Hispanic connection) that have pieces of it as well but I don’t think they actually use it. So in areas where n41 spectrum is already in use I believe t-Mobile has to modify its deployment and use in those areas.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    C band should have similar propagation to AWS. 20 MHz B4 only carried 1-1.5 miles when it was first deployed but now it's triple that. n77, when aggregated with B5/n5 should perform even better. Rural areas may see islands of coverage in some areas but densification is coming as well.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast