Thread: Xfinity Mobile sim swap to dumb phone - SMS problem

Device(s)
    Motorola V3r
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

Xfinity Mobile sim swap to dumb phone - SMS problem

I'm on xfinity mobile (Verizon MVNO) and I added a new line for a dumb phone (Alcatel Go Flip V Verizon-branded 4G LTE dumb phone). Of course, Xfinity mobile doesn't sell or allow dumb phones on its network. They make their money from data usage. But I was able to activate the sim on my pixel 1 and then switch it to the Alcatel Go Flip V. Success!

I have data access for the phone's very rudimentary browser. I can make and receive calls. I can send text messages. However, there's one problem. I can't receive text messages.

When I switched the sim back to my Pixel 1, the messages came in. So there seems to be some communication breakdown on receiving text messages on the Alcatel Go Flip V. I'm hoping that it's a setting that I can change on the phone, but I can't find anything. I know that xfinity mobile is not setup for this. However, I'm so close to making this dumb phone work on xfinity mobile.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bvogt View Post
    I'm on xfinity mobile (Verizon MVNO) and I added a new line for a dumb phone (Alcatel Go Flip V Verizon-branded 4G LTE dumb phone). Of course, Xfinity mobile doesn't sell or allow dumb phones on its network. They make their money from data usage. But I was able to activate the sim on my pixel 1 and then switch it to the Alcatel Go Flip V. Success!

I have data access for the phone's very rudimentary browser. I can make and receive calls. I can send text messages. However, there's one problem. I can't receive text messages.

When I switched the sim back to my Pixel 1, the messages came in. So there seems to be some communication breakdown on receiving text messages on the Alcatel Go Flip V. I'm hoping that it's a setting that I can change on the phone, but I can't find anything. I know that xfinity mobile is not setup for this. However, I'm so close to making this dumb phone work on xfinity mobile.

try the troubleshooting tips - https://www.verizon.com/support/alca...051S&9424/main

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bvogt View Post

Did you use RCS? Did you make sure you disabled it before moving the sim to the flip phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com