Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free Upgrades with conditions 4/18/2021

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Free Upgrades with conditions 4/18/2021

So i spent 4 hours attempting to upgrade working phones. Three stores 4 hours. I got one phone that is because the only freaking store that had any had 2 i got one. the other stores had none. so apparently some of my phone are too old to trade in. REALLY? I thought that this was the whole idea to get us upgraded to new 5g phones.
    Store employees did not have a clue has to how to do this. Why in the world did the stores not have supplies for demand after knowing about this weeks ago.

So i am waiting for the manager to attempt to see how to work around the too old phone thing and order me phones to be delivered to me.

T-Mobile's roll outs are really starting to suck.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score

cracked screens or screens with minor scratches.

Oh they are not taking cracked screens or screens with minor scratches.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The days of "free" phones are long gone. The current offerings require a new line of service added to an account for the buy one get one free offers. Also keep in mind there are shortages of electronic hardware worldwide going on right now limiting availability of some products. Lastly, cell phone companies are in the business to maximize profits over discounting cell phones when there is such demand for those products.

Pick your battles more carefully.

BTW: I am aware of the recent T-Mobile commercials promoting phone upgrades to 5G, but they are not offering free upgrades like you were thinking unless you have a very new LTE/VOLTE phone worth something substantial toward a trade. Not likely you will get a $1000 phone for nothing.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    The days of "free" phones are long gone. The current offerings require a new line of service added to an account for the buy one get one free offers. Also keep in mind there are shortages of electronic hardware worldwide going on right now limiting availability of some products. Lastly, cell phone companies are in the business to maximize profits over discounting cell phones when there is such demand for those products.

Pick your battles more carefully.

BTW: I am aware of the recent T-Mobile commercials promoting phone upgrades to 5G, but they are not offering free upgrades like you were thinking unless you have a very new LTE/VOLTE phone worth something substantial toward a trade. Not likely you will get a $1000 phone for nothing.
    Not completely.

I got a free OnePlus 8T in December just from trade in without adding a line. Could be done with the S21 last month without adding a line as well.

The free phone is free except for taxes for the phone. It’s a $282 phone that’s free other than tax. And they’re accepting phones at least as old as the iPhone 3GS which was far before LTE, having a new phone is not required. People have also been trading in 2G GSM only phones without issue as well for the free phone.

I did one online this morning and they accepted my AT&T 2G/3G only flip phone from 2009 without any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Not completely.

I got a free OnePlus 8T in December just from trade in without adding a line. Could be done with the S21 last month without adding a line as well.

The free phone is free except for taxes for the phone. It’s a $282 phone that’s free other than tax. And they’re accepting phones at least as old as the iPhone 3GS which was far before LTE, having a new phone is not required. People have also been trading in 2G GSM only phones without issue as well for the free phone.

I did one online this morning and they accepted my AT&T 2G/3G only flip phone from 2009 without any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There’s people on Reddit who have traded in old bag phones and got the promo. The issue they are currently having is some devices don’t have an 15 digit imei and have a esn or meid, the system currently won’t accept those easily apparently. I’m sure they will eventually get all the kinks worked out. They have seemed to honor “trade in any phone” and have not required any devices to be unlocked as some have stated they may.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Any phone is correct. If anyone has a 2g phone from pre-voicestream era.. they are welcome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    Any phone is correct. If anyone has a 2g phone from pre-voicestream era.. they are welcome.
    Not any phone, if not on their list you won't be able to trade in...even they said any phone ....

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    ... if not on their list you won't be able to trade in...
    Online....
    Go to a store... “any” cell phone.

Feedback Score
    I bought a BLU Z5 for $15 on Amazon which was not on their list and traded it in for the A32 with no problems. It was easy and fast. I did not have to add a line either.

The requirements are quite lenient and the store personnel were great about the whole transaction.

I am in a no sales tax state and have taxes and fees included so my entire cost was $15 for phone, $20 for support fee and done. A $9 Amazon case will arrive this coming Saturday. I should probably put on a screen protector also I guess. I can still get 3 more by the end of the year, so maybe they will be gifts. I'm pretty sure these are locked to T-Mobile and will remain so until the credits run out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    Pre-Voicestream era - I think it is either Analog devices or TDMA devices which are technically not even 2G. I am not sure that these devices will be accepted for trade-in because T-Mobile system will not be able to accept their serial numbers (unless T-Force will assign some kind of dummy ESN similar to ESN_DEC of CDMA phones).

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    So i got my phones. So now the returns slips say they take cracked screens.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did not get any return slips, are they supposed to send them and when ?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mm18 View Post
    I did not get any return slips, are they supposed to send them and when ?
    You have to print them yourself. Should have an email where you can print them from, or just go into your order status from your my T-Mobile app and you have to print the return label and receipt.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I received the new phone last week but I do not have an email or anything in my account about returning it.

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mm18 View Post
    I received the new phone last week but I do not have an email or anything in my account about returning it.
    It's in your account. You just have to find it. And you can print the label

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast