Thread: Land Line replacement Service

Feedback Score

Land Line replacement Service

Hi, all. I'm looking to dump my AT&T U-verse internet & landline VOIP phone service. I have 5 corded phones and will not use cordless units (due to potential health issues). What are my options to continue to use my landline system? Will the Straight Talk Home phone connect to the phone line system (I have good signal with Verizon)? What about T-Mobile LineLink (They are recently in my area)? I will not consider Ooma since I've heard they are shady in terms of making it very difficult to cancel service. Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    What potential health issues?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by popeyeacf View Post
    Hi, all. I'm looking to dump my AT&T U-verse internet & landline VOIP phone service. I have 5 corded phones and will not use cordless units (due to potential health issues). What are my options to continue to use my landline system? Will the Straight Talk Home phone connect to the phone line system (I have good signal with Verizon)? What about T-Mobile LineLink (They are recently in my area)? I will not consider Ooma since I've heard they are shady in terms of making it very difficult to cancel service. Thanks for any help.
    What you need is an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) of some sort. That is what your landline VOIP service used.

If you have broadband Internet, like cable, a Polycom Obihai ATA would be the best. If so, let us know and we can explain the details. This is what I use. It works very well.

Straight Talk Home Phone has a cellular ATA and unlimited talk service for $15 a month. The ATA device is ~$50. It uses the Verizon network. I have used one of these and it worked very well.

https://www.straighttalk.com/all-pho...e-base-station

Cell2jack ($28) links to a cellphone over Bluetooth between the device and phone. Analog phone lines or phones plug into the Cell2jack device. There is no cost to use the Cell2jack device. The cost is whatever you pay for the linked cell service. I have not tried this one.

https://www.cell2jack.com/

Any of these will connect to you home phone wiring to use your existing phones as long as they are not really old phones with electro-mechanical bells.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What potential health issues?
    Cordless phones and radiation:

https://emfempowerment.com/cordless-...d%20depression.

Feedback Score
    To bobdevnul,

Thanks. I will look into them once I figure a new internet service. I was going for T-Mobile home internet but didn't because they ask for social security number.

Feedback Score
    I think the same applies (but is under reported) to TVs, PCs, & Microwaves.