Thread: Can you activate a tracfone BYOB sim without service?

Feedback Score

Can you activate a tracfone BYOB sim without service?

Probably seems like a dumb question, but can you activate a tracfone BYOB sim without service? I was hoping to activate a byob sim and then add 1 year service with my rewards points. It's my understanding you can't use reward points in the initial activation (but perhaps I'm incorrect).

Tracfone just wiped out one of my lines (the reps say I never had it, sent pdf of benefits from dashboard and pdf of transcript to [email protected] but it's been 6 days without any reply) that I need to replace, but I really dont' feel like giving them any cash after this BS.

Feedback Score
    It takes real money to activate a sim from scratch. There are things they have to set up.

For the mess-up, you might want to file a BBB case. I have done this several times, unfortunately.

Or you can try calling the Miami office.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    For the mess-up, you might want to file a BBB case. I have done this several times, unfortunately.

Or you can try calling the Miami office.
    Thanks Lisme I'll try both those options (especially filing the BBB report).

It is so ridiculous to have the rep's tell me I never had any benefits on this 1 year line, despite my documentation.

Then Alex from tracfone sent me a PM on this forum suggesting I contact tracfone via their customer service number or chat....as if I haven't done that several times